Bryton 420- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bryton 420

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Bryton 420

I'm about to buy the Bryton 420, but I have doubts that only a current user of this model can solve for me. So far none of the reviews, manual, product description or youtube videos I've seen repond to my question.

What I want to know is how does it look on the screen when I'm in the middle of a route aiming for a target, a final destination. To be more specific: I want to know in the middle of a climb how far I am from the top and (if possible) what is the current slope. Something that Garmin Edge 530 shows in a very beautiful way, but for 3X the price. I wonder if it's worth to pay those 2X just for this feature.

Any Brtyon 420 user to tell me if that is possible?

since 4/10/2009
    based on my previous experience with Bryton, no features would convince me to buy one if they haven't ironed out their support, and patch the bugs that inevitably appear. IME, even though Garmins aren't perfect, their customer service, stability, and UI is worth a premium over Bryton.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I ended buying the good old 520. I know it's deprecated and 520+ 530 replaced it. but it seems to fulfill my needs for the same price or a new Bryton or half the price of the newer versions, so I'll take the risk.
    If not, I can get profit reselling it, there's still a market for them
    Thanks for your help.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rebayona View Post
    I ended buying the good old 520. I know it's deprecated and 520+ 530 replaced it. but it seems to fulfill my needs for the same price or a new Bryton or half the price of the newer versions, so I'll take the risk.
    If not, I can get profit reselling it, there's still a market for them
    Thanks for your help.
    I'm still using a plain old Edge 520. At this point, it's plenty reliable and if it suits you, why not?

I was tempted by the 520+ because of its actual support for maps (unlike the regular 520 where it's possible with some effort, but I don't think officially supported). But a little extra memory and a slightly simpler process wasn't worth the amount I'd have to spend. And at this point, I'd skip the 520+ for the 530 if I was after a brand new one, or do exactly what you did if I wanted less expensive, but effective.

mtbr member
    Yeah. The 520 is def a solid choice if it has the capabilities you need/want. We still have one that I used to use and that my wife used now.
    What, me worry?