Bolt won't update to STRAVA or Ride with GPS..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Bolt won't update to STRAVA or Ride with GPS..

Anyone else having this problem? Of course Wahoo has stopped taking calls for support due to Covid.. (it's a phone, wth?) I looked on their website and could find nothing or any type of help.. Thanks in advance for any help. I've unpaired, pair, shut down, rebooted, made sure all updates are done.. UGH.. Might go back to Garmin..

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mosovich View Post
    Anyone else having this problem? Of course Wahoo has stopped taking calls for support due to Covid.. (it's a phone, wth?) I looked on their website and could find nothing or any type of help.. Thanks in advance for any help. I've unpaired, pair, shut down, rebooted, made sure all updates are done.. UGH.. Might go back to Garmin..
    I had this problem not too long ago. I had to "disconnect" the Wahoo app on my iPhone 7 from Strava. Make Stava unauthorized I think is the proper term and then reauthorize it. I did this by picking on the ride on the History page and then clicking the small square with the up arrow in toward the upper righthand corner of the screen. That should take you to the page where you can unauthorize and reauthorize Strava.

FWIW this was with an Elemnt Roam not a Bolt but I would think it would be the same for both...

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stahr_Nut View Post
    I had this problem not too long ago. I had to "disconnect" the Wahoo app on my iPhone 7 from Strava. Make Stava unauthorized I think is the proper term and then reauthorize it. I did this by picking on the ride on the History page and then clicking the small square with the up arrow in toward the upper righthand corner of the screen. That should take you to the page where you can unauthorize and reauthorize Strava.

FWIW this was with an Elemnt Roam not a Bolt but I would think it would be the same for both...
    I've had to do the same with Strava and Garmin Connect, fwiw. It happens sometimes, and seems to coincide with major system updates on one or both ends.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks, that seemed to work, but now I've gotta go back and do about 15 rides.. LOL.. Thanks again though, your help is really appreciated..

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    If the rides are still in your head unit, you could probably delete them from the element app and re-sinc the rides from the head unit. When they go back to the app, they should automatically upload to strava.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have been having this same issue for the last several weeks as well. Here is my solution: Open the Elemnt app > History > Tap on ride to upload to Strava > Tap share icon in upper right > Choose Strava. It will probably show an error, hit retry and it should upload.

As a side note Wahoo updated the Elemnt app yesterday and according to the notes: "Fixed: Rides uploading to Strava as default". I haven't tried this yet but hopefully this is the fix.

Steve

since 4/10/2009
    FWIW, I've been seeing reports from a couple local mtb groups on Facebook that there's something wonky with Strava (I assume the app) lately. Activities failing to show up or even disappearing. Seems sporadic, so not sure what to make of it.

Supersonic Garfield
    Quote Originally Posted by sjnuss View Post
    I have been having this same issue for the last several weeks as well. Here is my solution: Open the Elemnt app > History > Tap on ride to upload to Strava > Tap share icon in upper right > Choose Strava. It will probably show an error, hit retry and it should upload.

As a side note Wahoo updated the Elemnt app yesterday and according to the notes: "Fixed: Rides uploading to Strava as default". I haven't tried this yet but hopefully this is the fix.

Steve
    Mine just got fixed with this update. I have always had the same problem/solution as you. Today was the first time in a year or so where it uploaded automatically.