XC-1 Wheel Tubeless Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

XC-1 Wheel Tubeless Help

I just bought a 2017 Trance 2 and tried going tubeless with Sun Ringle presta valves but one won't seat correctly on the XC-1 rim (it audibly leaks at 25psi). I tried tightening the nut with a needle nose pliers but it still leaked. I saw somewhere that there was a specifically contoured presta valve which fits neatly to the inside of the rim. I tried looking at the Giant at the 3 they offered but was confused because I couldn't tell if the profile would fit right. Anyone know for sure?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hucker73 View Post
    I just bought a 2017 Trance 2 and tried going tubeless with Sun Ringle presta valves but one won't seat correctly on the XC-1 rim (it audibly leaks at 25psi). I tried tightening the nut with a needle nose pliers but it still leaked. I saw somewhere that there was a specifically contoured presta valve which fits neatly to the inside of the rim. I tried looking at the Giant at the 3 they offered but was confused because I couldn't tell if the profile would fit right. Anyone know for sure?
    I just converted my 2017 trance 2 to tubeless and I just used some stems that I had laying around. They leaked for a little bit at the stems tell the stans sealed them up. I keep it on the stand for a few days and would just keep move the wheels around to get the stans over the stems. Make sure you are not over tightening the stems because this could cause a problem.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Never tighten the nut with pliers unless you have them with you on the trail. If you flat and can't get that valve out of the rim, then you can't put a tube in and you're effed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Did you read the description of tubeless valves on the Giant website?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I had same prob. After spinning wheel a few times and bouncing on ground, the liquid latex needs to set in room temp, this winter been cold. Good to go for me 5 mos running