Why don't I see Anthem 2018 Advanced Pros at the races?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2018

Why don't I see Anthem 2018 Advanced Pros at the races?

I've been trying and trying to get a feel for the new 2018 Anthem 29 Pro models and not finding much feedback.

Also, looking at riders/profiles from various races why isn't anyone racing this bike at the XC races? Its all Sparks, Epics, Scalpels and so on down the line... no Anthems though.

I actually have an Advanced Pro1 on the way - so I'm locked in unless I try to sell and change my direction. Coming off of using a Felt Edict3 (2016) and Carbon 29er HT (simple sturdy light 21lb build).

I really hope this Anthem moves me forward and faster.. not just sideways.... I know my fitness is up considerably and I'm moving into Elite category this year.

Thanks in advance for thoughts!

mtbr member
    what type of races? could be a sponsorship thing. Also giant was focused on 27.5 wheels for a while so i think XC racers favored other brands with more options. These are just guesses though, but I don't see how you will be at a disadvantage, the anthem looks like a great bike.

There is also that affect that when you are searching for something like buying a car (or bike) you don't see it then as soon as you buy it's everywhere.