mtbr member
    Dec 2005

what tire for reign?

anyways, doing all mountain light freeride, and the stock tires are wearing out mighty fast. just wondering what tires you guys would use/suggest, i was thinking of 2.35 maxxis high rollers.

mtbr member
    currently running 2.5 blue groove up front and 2.1 nevegal in the back... thinkin bout dropping down to a 2.35 BG in the front to even things out a bit

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Schwalbe Big Betty's seems to be the choice of many all mountaneers, lasts long time, not so expensive, pretty low rolling resistance and works really good in almost any condition, perhaps not so common in the US but big (no pun intended) here in Euro-land..

I run Schwalbe King Jim in front and Maxxis High Roller rear at the moment, Maxxis Minions DH specific if I go DownHill for several days in a row.
    //Harri

tch
    mtbr member
    Continental Gravity - 2.3's (probably a bit smaller then most) and roll really well. They seem to grip in the loose late summer dust and bite hard on climbs. Much happier with them then the Bulldogs that came with the bike. Angry looking tread pattern.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Michelin HOT S Tubeless on mine...2.2's work excellent on everything excepty for slick/glacier rock. Roll decently fast and very predictable
    rise above

Members who have read this thread: 0