VT1 to AC1 rear shock swap- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

VT1 to AC1 rear shock swap

I am wondering what the eye to eye distance and the stroke distance is on the VT1 swinger 4 way. The reason is that I have a 2002 AC1 with an eye to eye of 7.5" and a stroke of 2" and was wondering if it is possible to put take a swinger 4 way off of a VT1 and put it on my AC1.

Thanks in advance.

Cleavage Of The Tetons

I am running a 4 way from a VT on my NRS..

It is absolutely amazing how it improved the performance of the bike, both with pedaling and general bump performance. E-E is 7.5 Do it!

mtbr remember
    There are pics on the AC role call thread of a silver AC with the swingerfourway- Looks excellent, and I'm sure it rides better than it looks.
    Hey rideit- doesn't running the swinger fourway just contradict the no resonance system?The whole point of the NRS frame geometry is so it doesnt need spv valves or a lockout. These new inertia valve shocks were made so normal frames(fourbar/singlepivot/etc.) could be pedaled w/out bob like the nrs. This is one reason why the 04NRS have only the FoxAVA shocks, not Fox Pro-Pedal. You just made the "no resonance system" pointless. I would have to ride an NRS setup like yours to believe there are any major improvements. I'm not saying your bike doesn't ride excellent, I'm just pointing out the fact that the swinger seems unnecessary on an NRS. After all, it is your bike, and yours to modify as you like, as long as you dig riding. Post some pics I would like to scope it out anyway.
    edit: I would also like to add that I'm sure almost any shock you put on would be an upgrade from a RS Sidxc (I dislike Rockshox)
    Last edited by BikeSATORI; 03-20-2004 at 10:20 PM. Reason: adding another point

Cleavage Of The Tetons

Actually, niether the AC or the VT are NRS bikes...

Only the NRS (3.75 CC bike)is. The swinger is perfect on the linkages of AC and VT's, which are vastly different than the NRS. MY AC-Air 4 way rides much better than a traditional coilover(or two air chamber SID), and is quite light. I also have a coil over 4-way for rowdy riding. Check out some NRS posts, they will bring you up to speed on the differences in linkages and appropriate shock technology. Cheers! PS, this AC now features a Maverick 6" front air fork, bringing the weight down to under 28 lbs!

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    There are pics on the AC role call thread of a silver AC with the swingerfourway- Looks excellent, and I'm sure it rides better than it looks.
    Hey rideit- doesn't running the swinger fourway just contradict the no resonance system?The whole point of the NRS frame geometry is so it doesnt need spv valves or a lockout. These new inertia valve shocks were made so normal frames(fourbar/singlepivot/etc.) could be pedaled w/out bob like the nrs. This is one reason why the 04NRS have only the FoxAVA shocks, not Fox Pro-Pedal. You just made the "no resonance system" pointless. I would have to ride an NRS setup like yours to believe there are any major improvements. I'm not saying your bike doesn't ride excellent, I'm just pointing out the fact that the swinger seems unnecessary on an NRS. After all, it is your bike, and yours to modify as you like, as long as you dig riding. Post some pics I would like to scope it out anyway.
    edit: I would also like to add that I'm sure almost any shock you put on would be an upgrade from a RS Sidxc (I dislike Rockshox)

Some where through out your post you started thinking that I have an NRS and not an AC. So I don't have the no resonance system and my bike has a Rock Shox pro deluxe and not the Sid. Even with the crappy shock my bike still pedals well. It weighs only 30 lbs instead of the roughly 36 lbs that the stock ones come weighing now. I will post some picks in a couple of weeks. I just built it up and my sister-in-law has the digital for a few weeks.

mtbr remember
    Some where through out your post you started thinking that I have an NRS and not an AC. So I don't have the no resonance system and my bike has a Rock Shox pro deluxe and not the Sid. Even with the crappy shock my bike still pedals well. It weighs only 30 lbs instead of the roughly 36 lbs that the stock ones come weighing now. I will post some picks in a couple of weeks. I just built it up and my sister-in-law has the digital for a few weeks.
    Communication Breakdown- Sorry for the misunderstanding Greencoolaid, I was talking about Rideits post. Rideit you wrote in your first post: "I am running a 4-way from a VT on my NRS..."- that is what I was replying to. I believe Rideit mistyped the title, because in your next post you point out that you have an AC not an NRS. I believe you posted the pics I was talking about. I realize that the VT and AC dont have the no resonance system geometry, I used to work at a Giant dealer, own an NRS and am in the market for an AC1 for a trail bike. I was just pointing out that spv is pointless on an NRS because it was designed for bikes like the AC and VT to prevent bob.
    Rideit youre making me jealous! An AC with the Maverick! That is hot. I just saw a Maverick with a built front wheel(w/hub) go on ebay for $660. I wanted it soo bad.
    BTW- anybody know of an AC up for sale?

Cleavage Of The Tetons

I have an AC 02' frame for sale...

e-mail me @ [email protected]. I am planning to build it up with a shiver, DH wheels, C-over shock, stout components, but I am flexible. Let me know. Frame only would probably be $625 or so...

Mar 2004

'02 AC 1 For Sale

'02 AC 1 For Sale
    Will sell as frame only or as complete bike.
    Marzocchi Z1 wedge
    TruVativ Hussefelt DH 44/32/22T
    Hayes mecahnical disc with 6" rotors
    Shimano hubs with Sun Ditch Witch rims - Maxxis Mofo tires
    XT rear

more to follow...can't remember all that is on it while I am here at work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Up for sale is a Giant AC frame that comes with THREE shocks: Fox Vanilla, Fox Float, and Rockshox Pro-Deluxe. Also comes with FSA headset and seatpost clamp. All this for a starting bid of only $25!! See the auction at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=22679

Lots of pictures!

Auction ends Sunday, March 28.