VT travel setting?

Printable View

• 02-19-2004
    BrianU
    VT travel setting?
    I just got a 2003 VT-1 and love it. I'm currently running the front at about 105mm and I have the rear set at 5". The thing rocks on tight, twisty singletrack. I do not have to adjust my weight for turns, just stay in the middle and both the front and back stick to the ground like glue. I'm just wondering where other VT owners set theirs and how they handle?

Brian
  • 02-19-2004
    DiRt DeViL
    5" front and 5.7" rear

I love the way it handles, specially when ridding with fat tires. It goes to wherever you want it to go, feels like it's on rails.
  • 02-19-2004
    BrianU
    I am thinking about trying that.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL
    5" front and 5.7" rear

I love the way it handles, specially when ridding with fat tires. It goes to wherever you want it to go, feels like it's on rails.

One of the great things about this bike. If I do not like it, I can switch it back.

Brian
  • 02-19-2004
    jeffj
    The VT1 I tested was set at 5.7” in the rear and I saw no need to even try to set it at 5”. The only reason I would even consider changing it to 5” would be if I were thinking of racing it (but that’s not my “thing”).
  • 03-18-2004
    Andy ©
    Have been racing my VT3 at 5.7" on the rear but keep the front set at 90mm, I find the 90mm makes it handle the tighter switchbacks much faster and also stops the steering from getting too light on some of the more technical climbs.
  • 03-18-2004
    DiRt DeViL
    Agree on the 90mm, I played with the travel setting on my Psylo and found out that the longer travel in the front the more lighter it became. I usually ride it around 100 to 110mm front travel but never at 125mm.
  • 03-18-2004
    VT no 1 2 or 3
    Have tried the rear at both 5" and 5.7" and have found I like the handling better at the 5.7" setting. For the front I find that about 100mm is just right- have tried it at 125mm and did not like the feel. I use the 80mm front setting only when climbing steep rough terrain to help keep the front planted.
  • 03-19-2004
    Andy ©
    I`ve tried the 110mm & 120mm settings on some of the more "wicked" downhill & rough sections of my favourite trail, and i really couldnt notice that much difference between them and having it set at 100mm.
  • 03-24-2004
    mikeymike
    do you guys have any suggestions as to what setting i should have in my spv i weight 190 lbs.? also what tires for the front and rear should i get since my mosquitoes are worn out thanks :)
  • 03-24-2004
    DiRt DeViL
    Let me see if I can remember (haven't used my VT recently), I'm 200lbs.

SPV: 1 turn in, 100psi
    Main Chamber: 170psi
    Rebound: Half way