mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Trance2 vs. trek ex8

Hello,
    I am in the market for a new bike and have ridden everything out in the 2000.00 dollar price range but the trance2,like the ex8 the best so far but hear the trance2 is the bike to have. has anyone out there ridden both of these bikes and if so your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Don't take this the wrong way, but seriously do a search - this was asked in a previous thread a couple months ago in either the "what bike to buy" or "TREK" forum and had some very good replies regarding both bikes. If I can find the link I'll post it for you.

[EDIT ] Damn I can't believe it only took about 3 minutes to find the thread
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=Ex7%2C+trance

your welcome
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Corrie
    Jul 2006
    I work at a Trek/Giant store/dealer and I was just in the market for a new bike myself. I've driven both and enjoyed riding both. While the Fuel Ex has a carbon bar, and is made of ZR9000 aluminum, the Trance seems more nimble, and faster. The Trance is also decked out with a RaceFace crank, stem, and bar.

The Trance has Maestro as well, which definetly helps with stability, pedaling, and overall performance.

They are around the same price, and even being the Trek man that I am, the Trance is a better buy.

Members who have read this thread: 0