norwoodrider4
    Aug 2007

Trance X1 size 18" or 20"

Hey, i am 14 5'8" and still growing, i am selling my medium(17") bike and the giant medium is basically a 17" it's just the way that they are measuring. I feel that i would be defeating the purpose of the new bike by getting the medium, and i know that i will eventually grow into the large, and i might be able to squeeze into the large now, so do i go with the large or the medium.
    Go fast, or go down

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Assuming you don't take up any habits that would significantly stunt your growth and can sqeeze into a bigger size now, you should go big!

Btw how tall are your siblings/parents etc if their 4'11" heh you may want to reconsider hehe

norwoodrider4
    Aug 2007
    They are tall, dad is 6' mom is 5'7" , and i dont have any habits that will stunt my growth
    Go fast, or go down

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Frame sizing for someone 5'6 - 5'7"

Ordering up a Trance X frame. I am 5 ' 6" tall. What are people my size riding. I have a 30 "inseam and perfer a slightly shorter top tube.

What are others around my height riding and how does it feel

thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I am 6' 1" and I ride a large trance x. I have a 34 inch inseam and I have the seat tube pretty much all the way out. at 5'8" and growing I would go with a large. You should be able to still get over the bike with the drop in the top tube and it gives you room to grow. You still have at least 2 or 3 inches to go, or you might just blow by Dad like I did. Either way go with the large and enjoy it.
    Trance X2, random build Sette Shadow, S&M Sabbath flatlander, Mongoose bmx racer, Schwinn World roadie.

mtbr member
    I think the M (18) would be the best size for you.

I'm 6'0" and would be on a L (20)
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    Giant Trance Advanced 1
    Trek Farley 9.6 + Lauf
    Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    Scott Solace 10 Disc

Giddy Up!
    At 14 and already 5'8" you should go with a Large frame. I am 5'10" and on a medium X1, but at 34 I really dont think I am going to get any taller.

They all have a low stand over height and you can drop the seat and maybe swap the stem for something shorter.

At the tender age of 14 you are a lucky young man to have such a great bike.... Good luck keeping your mates off it.

CAAK
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\

Members who have read this thread: 0