Trance x0 vs Reign 0 for 08- Mtbr.com

Feb 2005

Trance x0 vs Reign 0 for 08

I am wondering if anyone knows the difference in weight between these two bikes. I am leaning more to the trance at 26.5 lbs with 5" of travel, just curious what you add with 1 more inch?

squish is good
    You add a stronger frame, more capable for doing bigger nastier stuff and the potential with a longer fork like a Marzocchi 66 to take it into a dedicated pedelable freeride bike. The Trance X is a sweet trail bike that can do lots of stuff and is very capable, the Reign 0 just ups the threshold a bit in the direction of freeride and downhill with a slight weight penalty. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a dedicated XC hardtail in the 19 lb range and 10 being a full on race downhill dual crown beast at around 40 lbs the Trance X is a 6ish and a Reign is an 8ish give or take a couple decimals depending on running gear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Good thoughts. I am stuck in same choice.
    Anyone have the out of box weight difference, or frame weight difference, on stock 08 Trance X 0 or Reign 0?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Same choice here. Looking at the 2 bikes on the website they look so similar, how much stronger,built up is the reign than the trance X? they are both pretty sweet looking bikes.

mtbr member
    I ordered a Reign (not X) and have had it less than a week. IT ROCKS!

I have not seen a Trance X, but I think that they will have almost identical frames, be very close in weight, and the only difference is an inch of travel. The Reign X is a different beast.

I ride super technical Rocky Mountain trails, and went for more travel. So far, so good.

The Reign has totally impressed me with it's climbing ability.

Members who have read this thread: 0