Trance wannabe- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trance wannabe

Jul 2006

Trance wannabe

Hey,

Am think about changing my current frame (Cove Handjob XC) to a Trance and keeping my current components (upgraded quite a bit so want to keep them). However, I am having the dickens of a time trying to find out exact dimensions of BB, head tube diameter etc.

So, if there is anyone out there who can provide me with this information it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy trials,

Alex

mtbr member
    Well the Headttube diameter is the 44 OD Internal using type, so if you have a nice stock headset you'll either have to get a new one or buy adapters to make the frame run a normal headset. I'm still trying to find out what the complete bikes ship with so I can get an "upgraded" one, but no luck yet.

BB is 68mm wide is all I can tell you, seems depending on the crankset the actual width can vary I know that my T3 originally came with a 68/113mm ISIS BB and RF crankset and then I changed it to a XT HT2 crankset used all spacers and adjusted the chainline to 47.5mm by sanding down one of the spacers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Jul 2006
    Sorry, may be being a bit slow, I wanted to know whether the bike could fit the steerer of my Fox fork (1.125 inch headset)...

Nov 2005
    Your fork will fit.

I ride bikes
    Apr 2006
    All stock Trances ship with an FSA Orbit Z headset.

Members who have read this thread: 0