trance maintenance help- Mtbr.com
    gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

trance maintenance help

I just dusted off my trance today and noticed the rear shock sitting low. I emptied it and reinflated to 200psi but am only showing about 1"below the scraper lip - is it stuck down or is this normal. Also installed new headset bearings and it seems to have a little play even though tightened and adjusted. All ideas/input welcomed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Stuck down for sure.

I can't say anything about your headset, but your shock is stuck down for sure. The same happened to my RP23 and after $10 for shipping and a week without my bike, it was returned by Fox working perfectly and what is best, no more stuck down.
    I just hope yours is still under warranty.

Cheers.

Come on winter!
    There is a procedure to follow in the event of a stuck down shock:

http://service.foxracingshox.com/con...605-00-071.pdf

Sometimes just removing the air sleeve and re-lubricating the seals is enough to fix the problem. You can use 80w gear oil in place of the "Fox Fluid" (or so I hear)

Is your steerer tube too long for the new headset? If so no matter how tight you make things there will still be some play.

Or is the star nut slipping?
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Cheers!

Shock is not under warranty:mad.

Great link. I think I'll have to take it to the shop for that - cramped apartment.
    I don't think it the steerer tube - it was like that before I added the new (enduro) bearings. The starnut is definately a possibility as it looks like it may be sitting low.

Members who have read this thread: 0