Thinking about a '19 Trance 29 2. Which color?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Thinking about a '19 Trance 29 2. Which color?

Rode the Trance 29 and Spec Stumpjumper Comp today. To my surprise, liked the Giant a bit better, and I thought I'd prefer the Stumpy.

So, thinking about ordering one.

Black with green decals, or bright blue with black decals?

Thanks for opinions. I'm kind of on the fence.

https://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/att...823-jpg.47455/

vs

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HDsm3Fi1TCs/maxresdefault.jpg

mtbr member
    I loved the blue and bought it. Specialized has been off my radar for reasons in the past so it wasn't in the running for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    TCX advanced SX

mtbr member
    I think I like the blue more.

mtbr member
    I like the blue over the green/black. That being said, I think the blue will be the choice most people make and the green/black combo will end up being the rarer of the two. That may factor in if you're indifferent to which is your favorite and like them both.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    The more I looked at photos of both, decided I liked the blue a bit better myself. Ordered today, should be here next week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro87 View Post
    The more I looked at photos of both, decided I liked the blue a bit better myself. Ordered today, should be here next week.
    Oooh, shoulda gotten the black!

And yes, I still like the blue better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I was like 60/40 blue/black in my brain the more pics I looked at. If they'd have only had black I would have been fine with it, but I usually order boring muted colors so I figured I'd take a bit more style risk this time around.

What this means is now that I've ordered blue, the black bikes will be highly sought after on the used market and nobody will want the blue. ha ha

mtbr member
    Blue looks good.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    I have seen both in person, and the Blue one has much more "wow factor". I normally don't like blue bikes, but the Trance 29 2 is a nice darker shade of like Lamborghini Electric blue. It stands out for sure, and it doesn't look like the light sky blue you see from Yeti, Transition or a lot of other companies lately.

I normally like green accenting, but the Black and Green one just looks a little drab to me.

mtbr member
    Love my orange Trance 29 1

CS2
    mtbr member
    Really youíre asking what color you want. I can see asking about specs but color. If you have to ask what color to buy your really donít want to buy it. Just buy the freakin bike. Youíre the one who has to live with it not us.
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    Really youíre asking what color you want. I can see asking about specs but color. If you have to ask what color to buy your really donít want to buy it. Just buy the freakin bike. Youíre the one who has to live with it not us.
    Nah, not really. I was just curious what folks on the forum thought about the two color options. At no point was any answer(s) received going to be the deciding factor of what to order. Sometimes people ask a casual question like this because they are interested in what others think.

At the time the question was asked, I was 90% sure I was going to order a Trance that day. I plopped the money down at the shop to order it before I even came back to mtbr to check to see if anyone had responded to my post. If 50 responses had been "black", it wouldn't have mattered, the order was already in. With all due respect, you're reading too much into it.

Have a good one.