Test rode an 08 Trance X2 today!- Mtbr.com
    bikerbert

Test rode an 08 Trance X2 today!

WOW! Giant is going to sell a ton of these bikes. The components were a little lower end (Deore, RaceRide Cranks/Bar/Post/Stem), but the bike was still pretty light. The Off Ramp in Mtn View, Ca has them for $1799.

Great looking bike, and the changes in the frames from the 05-08 models is pretty cool. You'd need to get up close and personal to see exactly what those are, I'd butcher the description.

No wonder that "S" brand has such a similiar linkage system, Giant has definitely raised the bar with their new Trance line.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    yup, I totally have no complaints about the new Trance X weights. Its gotta be like the best trail bike of the year something like that. . Damn it, I just got a Anthem last year, should have waited for a year and get a Trance X

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

would you guess it is under or over 30lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbert
    The components were a little lower end (Deore, RaceRide Cranks/Bar/Post/Stem), but the bike was still pretty light.
    Is the X2 the entry level Trance X for 08? Can't wait to see how it compares with the new Reign after its 1.5lb weight reduction...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The X2 is not the entry level for '08. The X2 and X1 are the 5 inch versions and there are 2, 4 inch models starting at 1100.

We have a medium (18 inch) that is weighing in at 29 and change with pedals. Other parts include Stroker (hayes) brakes, Fox F120R fork, & Fox Float R rear shock. The matte black with all the other black parts is really sharp.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The X2 is not the entry level for '08. The X2 and X1 are the 5 inch versions and there are 2, 4 inch models starting at 1100.

We have a medium (18 inch) that is weighing in at 29 and change with pedals. Other parts include Stroker (hayes) brakes, Fox F120R fork, & Fox Float R rear shock. The matte black with all the other black parts is really sharp.

Jul 2007
    The X2 might not be an entry level bike overall, but I believe the above poster was referring to whether or not the X2 is entry level for the Trance X line. I've only seen specs/info for the X0, X1, and X2, so as far as I can tell, it is the entry level for the Trance X line.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    bikerbert

any ideas on HA, SA, TT and CS length ? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    i know that the head tube angle is 69.5

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminal
    The X2 might not be an entry level bike overall, but I believe the above poster was referring to whether or not the X2 is entry level for the Trance X line. I've only seen specs/info for the X0, X1, and X2, so as far as I can tell, it is the entry level for the Trance X line.
    Yes, the X2 is the entry level for the X series.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Any prices on the Trance X frameset?

May contain nuts
    29 & change? My 06 Reign weighs that with light wheels and fork. Hardly 'tie me to an ant hill and slap my ears with jam' sort of numbers..

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

it is a bit disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    29 & change? My 06 Reign weighs that with light wheels and fork. Hardly 'tie me to an ant hill and slap my ears with jam' sort of numbers..
    I weighed an 08 Trance X1, size medium, at the shop today ($2400 version)- came in at 28-3/4lbs with pedals. A medium Trance2, not X version, was certainly over 30lbs- I didn't even feel like hoisting it up on the scale, it felt so heavy. My 05 Reign3, with not-light parts weighed 32lbs on the same scale. With these Trance X weights, I want to see how the new Reigns weigh in. For now, I'm keeping my relatively light Anthem- its still a blast to ride...

mtbr member
    Hmmm. I consider 29lbs for a 5" X 5" not-fully blinged bike to be pretty fair. Drop some coin on lighter wheels and tires and you'd probably be closer to 27lbs. Much less than that and you might be missing the point of a 5" bike.

Ant

mtbr member
    well, my 2005 Slayer 70 is 29 pounds and it's a large frame.

Vanilla 130RLC, RP3, XT and race face components.

Hopefully the higher models trim the fat to the 27 pound mark
    Last edited by Swerny; 08-01-2007 at 09:12 AM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Anyone knows whats the weight of a Trance X frame?

May 2007
    Hey, I emailed giant Australia and the release date down under is 16/08

Anyone know a retail price yet?

Will the Aussie dollars recent change in fortune effect the exchange rate/pricing?

Aug 2007
    I will be picking up mine tomorrow (if the shop can get the rear brake bled properly! ). The line had some air when they received it from Giant.
    To answer the weight question, the medium size weighs 29.25 lbs. as weighed on the shop scale. This will be my first full suspension bike, so I'm pretty stoked. I'll post some reviews once I get some miles on it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Peench
    I will be picking up mine tomorrow (if the shop can get the rear brake bled properly! ). The line had some air when they received it from Giant.
    To answer the weight question, the medium size weighs 29.25 lbs. as weighed on the shop scale. This will be my first full suspension bike, so I'm pretty stoked. I'll post some reviews once I get some miles on it!
    Is this weight for the X1 or the X2?
    Ride More

Aug 2007
    oh yeah. . . it's the X2, and that's with the spd pedals and the hokey plastic platforms.

mtbr member
    Great! So I don't have to worry about the X1 I just ordered weighing over 29 lbs!
    Ride More

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

not as long as it is a...

Quote Originally Posted by CRogge
    Great! So I don't have to worry about the X1 I just ordered weighing over 29 lbs!
    small or medium size...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Does anyone know the weight of a Trance X0? Seems like the components are all lighter than the X1.

Members who have read this thread: 0