Sizing Advice: Liv Pique -- S or XS for a 5 ft woman- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Sizing Advice: Liv Pique -- S or XS for a 5 ft woman

Hi all,

I have a 5 ft tall girlfriend that I am looking to surprise with a bike. I have found a good deal on a Liv Pique used.

It's a small. The size range is 5'2 to 5'7. She is outside the range clearly, but I was thinking with a shorter stem, she could be comfortable on it. I personally up-size my bikes, but I'm also not a beginner and I have lots of stand-over height.

Anyone ride this bike or have a girlfriend or wife on this bike? Does you think the small would work or does she need the recommended extra-small?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    We're looking at tempts for my wife. She's ~5'7" so we tried the medium first. What we found was that the stand-over height was a little much for her and the seat post couldn't be lowered to a point that was comfortable, so we're going to go with a small. If your girlfriend is as small as you say, I'd think she'd need to get an XS, unless she has a tall stand-over.

Is she a beginner? Or does she have mtb experience? Might be good to find a deal on a Tempt or other lower end bike if she's just starting so she can get her feet wet and then upgrade to a full sus later.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I am 5’2” with my shoes on and currently ride a size small Liv Lust. I originally found it a little big for me but as I have improved and gotten more aggressive in my riding, I appreciate the bigger bike and will be getting a new size small Liv Intrigue this year. I did shorten the stem and slide the seat forward on my Lust and also worked in keeping a proper posture while riding. I am planning on putting the longer stem back on the bike while I wait for my new one to come in. I noticed on the Intrigue that the stock stem is already very short. Take a look at it on the Pique to see if that is even an option.

Otherwise, if she is a light, 5’ tall woman who you don’t think will become an aggressive rider, go with the XS. If she is a more solid 5’, and you think she may quickly become a strong, more aggressive rider, go with the small.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    She really needs to see if the stand over height is going to be okay on the bikes. My wife is 5 foot and she rides an xs lust because she has short legs and needs a lower stand over. Once you have that figured out she needs to take them for a ride and see how she likes them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Someone who is 5'0" isn't going to fit on a size small anything.