SID Squeak- Mtbr.com

Thread: SID Squeak

Feb 2004

New question here. SID Squeak

During my ride yesterday my rear SID started to squeak on the rebound. Is this a sign of something wrong? Entire bike has appx 50 miles on it.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Try this.

Your description was a little vague but it may just be the oil within the rebound damping, which can sound a bit like a sqeak, or squishing sound. If you have the red knob on the shock, back it off a bit and see if that helps. If you are riding in the cold, the oil in the fork will thicken and make a bit more rebound noise. Also make sure all pivot bolts are tight. You might also wipe down where the cables cross the seat tube as they can creak a bit if dusty. If that doesnt get it, check the rear pivots.

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    My rear shock has squeeked since I first got it. My buddy's front Judy made a sound like you were choking a duck. We were team duck and squirrel. For some reason we though my shock sounded like a squirrel. I've had my shock rebuilt once by Rockshox. It's always squeeked. Does it when I jump or drop off something, basically during a fast rebound.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.