riser bar on Anthem- Mtbr.com
    1.21 Jigowatts!

riser bar on Anthem

Is anyone riding with a riser bar on their Anthem? I'm thinkinkg I would like to get one; maybe 3/4" or 1". My bars feel just a little to far forward.
    '07 Giant Anthem 2
    '07 Giant Yukon
    '95 Diamondback WCF Vertex

mtbr member
    I ride the stock low rise carbon bar that came on my advanced. I like it, gives more control in the twisties/singletrack.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

put on a lowrise bar the day I bought the bike.

Its all about rider position, and what type of riding you will be doing. My Anthem is my "do-it-all" bike, so I have it set up as a lightweight sort of all-mountain bike. It works great. Needless to say, I do not race.

mtbr member
    I feel the same on my Anthem...very stretched out and a bit of neck pain/strain on long rides. Instead of a riser bar, you may want to try a shorter stem that will move the bar back towards you. The Easton EA30 that came on our bikes comes in three different lenghts. I believe Giant put the longest one on the Anthem 2.

Quack Attack
    I have a flat bar on my Anthem. I went to a slightly shorter stem (100mm) than what came with the bike as I was having issues with neck pain. No problems now. You can also try moving your saddle forward if you have capability.
    2011 Ibis Mojo SL-R & 2008 Giant Trance X0

1.21 Jigowatts!
    Like dumper, my Anthem is my "do-it-all" bike. I get some singletrack, some general XC riding, some simple dirt roads, and even onroad around town and when riding with the fiance. I don't race.

I don't feel my riding position is horrible, but I think it could be improved.
    '07 Giant Anthem 2
    '07 Giant Yukon

1.21 Jigowatts!
    I was thinking about getting XC Riser bar from LP Composites or a Easton Monkeybar.
    '07 Giant Anthem 2
    '07 Giant Yukon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfioc
    I have a flat bar on my Anthem. I went to a slightly shorter stem (100mm) than what came with the bike as I was having issues with neck pain. No problems now. You can also try moving your saddle forward if you have capability.
    Any idea what size the OEM stem is on the Anthem? I tried to measure it up last night but I couldn't figure the exact spots to measure from on the stem....none of my measurements came close to the EA30 specs on easton's website.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have a monkeylite on mine- I also got a slightly shorter stem as well. I like the width much better than a narrow flat bar...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I also changed from flat bar to monkeylite low rise, and changed 110mm stem to 90mm ea70

I ride a "large" anthem 1 07

nicer ride position for longer rides and general trail riding.

1.21 Jigowatts!
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    I have a monkeylite on mine- I also got a slightly shorter stem as well. I like the width much better than a narrow flat bar...
    which stem did you get? i was planning on an EA70 when I change the handlebar.
    '07 Giant Anthem 2
    '07 Giant Yukon

Quack Attack
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an
    Any idea what size the OEM stem is on the Anthem? I tried to measure it up last night but I couldn't figure the exact spots to measure from on the stem....none of my measurements came close to the EA30 specs on easton's website.
    I believe the OEM length is 110 mm.
    2011 Ibis Mojo SL-R & 2008 Giant Trance X0

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mereel
    I also changed from flat bar to monkeylite low rise, and changed 110mm stem to 90mm ea70

I ride a "large" anthem 1 07

nicer ride position for longer rides and general trail riding.
    Sounds very familiar.

I recently completed a custom build using a large '06 Anthem1 frame and went with a nearly identical set-up - Monkeylite low rise bar w/Thomson Elite 90 mm stem (15 degree rise). I couldn't be happier, but it should be noted that best geometry is very dependent on the individual's build (arm, leg, torso lengths) and other factors relating to body position on the bike.

Another major factor that equally influences relative rider position is seat position. Personally, I found using a Thomson straight seatpost allows a better range of fore/aft seat adjustment for me than than most other posts.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by dfioc
    I believe the OEM length is 110 mm.
    doesn't it depend on what size frame you get?
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brubakes
    which stem did you get? i was planning on an EA70 when I change the handlebar.
    EA 70

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    ea70 stem

I also run a zero offset ec70 post
    much win!

Apr 2006
    Mine came stock with the race face low riser carbon bar and works very nice. The bar is really durable too.

Members who have read this thread: 0