Reign Sizing Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Reign Sizing Help

I want a reign badly, but in my area i can only find 16" frames. I usually ride a 17 or 18. I'm 5'10", with an inseam of 33 1/2. Do any of you ride a small frame when you should fit a medium?

any help appreciated.

mtbr member
    I am 5'11" riding a med(18") and think I could have gone with a small(16) I do prefer a smaller bike which may be why I feel the med is big.
    either way a small would be fine for you.

mtbr member
    i'm 5'9 and ride a 18... the TT is fairly short so you should be fine in that aspect. the bike itself is tall and long tho, typical of a long travel bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It really depends on your build I think a 16 would be too short. I am 5' 7" and the 16 fits me well. I think you should be riding a 18. I have an 05 and I don't think they changed the geo. much. You should be riding a 22.75 tt minimum. Just my 2 cents. I use a 100 mm stem and mine is about perfect. I do have a slightly shorter thigh so my saddle position tends to run a little closer to the bars but not by much. I have noticed that out of the saddle efforts are less inviting on the shorter top tubes. But the Reign performs much better in the saddle any way. I hope that helps. There is nothing worse tan being on a too small frame. I previosly purcased a SC Superlight that was too small. They run a bit small and it was painfully obvious after a couple of rides.

mtbr member
    Im 5'8 and ride a 16 and it fits me well but if I were 5'10 I think Id choose a 18.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by afliparlabill
    Im 5'8 and ride a 16 and it fits me well but if I were 5'10 I think Id choose a 18.
    I agree.

You're closer to a 20 than a 16.

I'm 6'0 and apparently right on the bubble between an 18 and 20.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

do-a-wheelie
    18, or maybe a 20 depending on your torso length (which if you have 33 1/2 inseam you likely have a bit more leg than torso, so the 18 more likely)--no way should you get a 16

Members who have read this thread: 0