Reign BB installation?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Reign BB installation?

I'm installing a new BB on my 2005 Reign 3, since the original RaceFace SRX crapped out on me. The one I ordered is an FSA Platinum, 68x113.

The original RaceFace BB had a spacer or two on the drive-side of the BB. Do I need to use these spacers again when I install the new FSA bottom bracket? The instructions don't say anything about spacers.

Thanks

Come on winter!
    It looks like the Race Face BB can fit either a 68mm or 73mm shell with the use of the spacer. Spacer = 68mm.

The new BB you're purchasing does not use a spacer and needs to be purchased at the correct size. Which it seems you did.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cid499
    I'm installing a new BB on my 2005 Reign 3, since the original RaceFace SRX crapped out on me. The one I ordered is an FSA Platinum, 68x113.

The original RaceFace BB had a spacer or two on the drive-side of the BB. Do I need to use these spacers again when I install the new FSA bottom bracket? The instructions don't say anything about spacers.

Thanks
    cid499, are these the spindle spacers or the BB cup spacers on the Race Face? Even though I am not familiar with the particular model FSA you purchased, I have installed both FSA and RF X-type cranks and both used 3 BB cup spacers to accomodate for different BB shell size and front derailleur being used. The one major difference was that RF used spindle spacers whereas FSA did not. The purpose of these spacers is to micro-adjust the chainline between 48-50mm ... if I remember correctly FSA uses a fixed chainline of 48mm.

So if you are referring to the spindle spacers, my answer to your question would be no ... you should not need to use them. If everything is within specs, you should only have to use the components the product manufacturer provided you with.
    Last edited by Bogdan; 08-17-2007 at 08:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    These are BB cup spacers. A member in the tooltime forum wrote that the BB cup spacers used with the original RaceFace SRX BB are only needed because it is a "one-size-fits all" 68/73mm BB.

Since the BB shell is 68mm and the new BB is for a 63mm shell, it worked out fine.

Thanks all

Members who have read this thread: 0