Reign 2 stems- Mtbr.com

Thread: Reign 2 stems

Scuffed

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Reign 2 stems

I've currently got a 110mm Race Face Evolve XC stem and I'm not sure but I am thinking of getting a shorter one. I want to start learning to wheelie and leap things etc and have heard this may help. Any ideas? What are you guys running and does it make that much difference?

banned
    Apr 2006
    Shorter stem will help keep your weight centered when the bars are turned.

Mtbr member
    May 2004
    I swapped my 110mm stem for a Thomson 90 mm x 15 degree rise. This helpped with the downhill and for pulling up the bars to go over rocks and stuff. This didn't affect the climbing either.

Go for it!

-Pic

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pic-n-Sav
    I swapped my 110mm stem for a Thomson 90 mm x 15 degree rise. This helpped with the downhill and for pulling up the bars to go over rocks and stuff. This didn't affect the climbing either.

Go for it!

-Pic
    Stem length depends on the rider more than anything. I did the same and went to a 90/15deg with 50mm riser bars. That improved my riding position no end and it still climbs as well as my buddy on his Reign with stock 110/lo-rise setup. He likes a flatter riding position and has no problem with the longish stem.
    One thing I really noticed on the Reign is the long chainstay which makes for nice stable carving downhill but it's a job lifting the front end sometimes... more upright position has helped in this dept.

Members who have read this thread: 0