Rear SID Pressure- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

New question here. Rear SID Pressure

I am sure there have been similar questions....for those of you that are running the SID on a NRS what pressures are you using? Have you found the mfg suggested pressure works for you?

Thanks

mtbr member

softer ride=less psi/

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketty
    I am sure there have been similar questions....for those of you that are running the SID on a NRS what pressures are you using? Have you found the mfg suggested pressure works for you?

Thanks

I weigh 175 & run 150 in top/ 60 in lower.experiment for what works best for you.also you may lose up to 10 psi when removing the pump hose fitting.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    I weigh about 180. I run 180+ and about 110-. You'll notice more pressure loss when you fill the - chamber than the + chamber. Fill it, disconnect the pump, then reattach the pump. Note how much you lost and compensate when you finalize the pressure.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    I weigh about 180. I run 180+ and about 110-. You'll notice more pressure loss when you fill the - chamber than the + chamber. Fill it, disconnect the pump, then reattach the pump. Note how much you lost and compensate when you finalize the pressure.
    I weigh 165lbs and I use 165 + and 70 -. Sometimes when I feel beat and want to have a more supple trail ride, I lower the positive to around 150. Have never bottomed the shocks yet but then again I don't do too extreme trails and I don't drop much.

mtbr remember
    I weigh approx 150lbs w/ gear and I run 155psi+ and around 50- because I like it to ride semi stiff. The more psi you put in the -neg chamber the more it will respond to small bumps, which don't bother me since I ride mostly tech rocky rooty trails in the north country here. It's all preference and trail conditions- take your shock pump w/ you on a ride and mess around with your settings until you get it dialed in- start w/ your body weight in + and 50psi in the - chamber as a base setting and go from there. Good luck, and ride on