questions about my new 04 nrs air- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

questions about my new 04 nrs air

hey all

Just got my new frame, and the next job is to build it up. What length/size seatposts are you using, and what width bottom bracket. any adivse is welcome, can't wait to get it together

[paste title here]
    Hey I have a NRS 2 and I am running a 30.9 x 410 mm thomson seatpost on my bike. I got tired of using the shim so I went for a thomson. The thomson fits like a glove and I hadnt had problems with it. Some people will use the shims while others wont. I think its just on the preference of the rider. Also I think there was a dicussion on whether or not the use of no shim will void the warranty (just scroll down on this board). I believe the bb size on the NRS is 68 x 113 (correct me if im wrong). Hope you have fun building your NRS and post some pics when you get it done!!
    Keep Pedaling

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87
    Hey I have a NRS 2 and I am running a 30.9 x 410 mm thomson seatpost on my bike. I got tired of using the shim so I went for a thomson. The thomson fits like a glove and I hadnt had problems with it. Some people will use the shims while others wont. I think its just on the preference of the rider. Also I think there was a dicussion on whether or not the use of no shim will void the warranty (just scroll down on this board). I believe the bb size on the NRS is 68 x 113 (correct me if im wrong). Hope you have fun building your NRS and post some pics when you get it done!!
    The NRS Air Carbon frame does not use a shim, I'm using a 27.2mm x350mm Easton EA-70 at the moment.
    The '04 NRS bikes use a 68x108mm BB, if you're using ISIS Drive.

[email protected]

Feb 2004

[email protected] your seat post doesn't slip or anything

My seatpost clamp has stamped on it 31.8mm, i was thinking that a 27.2 would be too small of an diameter to be able to tighten it in. I am just worried about tighting the carbon too much around the seatpost

I love Pisgah
    Hey James, is that different from the run of mill 01-03 frames concerning the BB length? I "thought(its been awhile since I bought either)" both my sqr tpr Action tec bb and frm isis bb are both 113s.

Thanks, duck

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmith
    My seatpost clamp has stamped on it 31.8mm, i was thinking that a 27.2 would be too small of an diameter to be able to tighten it in. I am just worried about tighting the carbon too much around the seatpost

The 31.8mm is outside diameter. You will need a 27.2mm dia. seat post, as for length, it's all up to you. I am using 27.2x400 Easton EC70.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    Hey James, is that different from the run of mill 01-03 frames concerning the BB length? I "thought(its been awhile since I bought either)" both my sqr tpr Action tec bb and frm isis bb are both 113s.

Thanks, duck
    The '03 and prior NRS frames use a 113mm BB. The newer frames use a 108. Surprised me when I was working on my Carbon a while back too. I have older XTRs on it now, so it's a moot point for me. But when I upgrade to the FSA Carbons...

[email protected]

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    The NRS Air Carbon frame does not use a shim, I'm using a 27.2mm x350mm Easton EA-70 at the moment.
    The '04 NRS bikes use a 68x108mm BB, if you're using ISIS Drive.

[email protected]
    oh sorry about that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    Keep Pedaling