Thread: Pump on Trance?

Baz
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Pump on Trance?

Hi All,

just got an 07 trance frame, build has all gone ok except for the pump holder, which used to bolt on underneath the bottle cage on the downtube (on the NRS- frame for sale BTW). On the Trance the bulge in the downtube to accomodate the rear shock prevents this.

So... where do others put it? I have a camel back but don't like to use it every ride (or anything like it)- too hot and many of my rides are straight from my house into the bush for an hour or so. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Baz

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Topeak makes a pump that has a mount that zip ties to the frame. MTN Morph, I think it's called.

Or Crank Bros make a really short pump that would fit in a good size under-saddle bag. I would get the one made in aluminum.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hi Baz,
    I have a Mtn. Morph pump and so far it works well (not had it for long). It should zip tie under the top tube, although I prefer to carry it in my small backpack.
    Halcyon

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I had the same problem and had to ditch my old pump. I bought an Innovations Second Wind MTB and it mounted fine. No zip ties needed.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4362

Just mount it under the bottle cage if you want both the bottle and the pump. I think you have to have the pump head towards the shock. Don't really remember since I took it off. I liked the look of my Trance without all of the stuff on it. I just carry a wingnut pack.

Baz
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the replies, guys, will have a look at the second wind.

Cheers,

Gary

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I had the same problem and posted a similar question. I ended up buying a tiny little pump which fits in my saddle bag. I also dont take the camelback on every ride but wanted a pump with me at all times. If you are interested in the brand let me know and I will check what brand I bought. Used it twice and it seems fine enough

mtbr member

saddle bag

In an emergency, a small saddle bag with a tube, tire levers and a CO2 cartridge will work.

Members who have read this thread: 0