mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Which pump mounts well to the Trance 2

I have a new Trance 2 but since the water cage logs are so low (close to the rear shock) I cant mount my existing Blackburn pump. I was wondering if any of you can suggest a pump that mounts well.

The Quimby!
    Quote Originally Posted by avikoren1
    I have a new Trance 2 but since the water cage logs are so low (close to the rear shock) I cant mount my existing Blackburn pump. I was wondering if any of you can suggest a pump that mounts well.
    G'day Avikoren1, I have an older version of the Topeak Peak DX pump. My pump has similar dimensions and shape to the newer model shown below. I have the plastic pump bracket mounted on the same screws as the bottle cage on my downtube. The pump is mounted with the head end (the end that attaches to the tyre valve) down. A slight twist of the pump then gives about 3 or 4 mm of clearance about the shock basket area. I will post pictures of my specific setup later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have the Topeak Einstein Masterblaster.

I could have mounted it at the bottle cage holder, but then my pump would hang upside-down. It would have fallen eventually. So I mounted it with the screws underneath the frame. Now the pump will not fall off. However, currently I just take the pump with me in the Camelbak and regard it as 'standard weight'.

-edit-
    Last edited by Xioz; 01-10-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0