NRS sizing question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

NRS sizing question

Hello I am 6ft (182cm) tall and wondering what NRS1 frame size would be right for me.

The medium feels a little short.

Any experience?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00kme
    Hello I am 6ft (182cm) tall and wondering what NRS1 frame size would be right for me.

Any experience?

Cheers

I am 6' 1" and ride the medium (18.5). I run a set-back post and 120mm stem to give me a little more room. I felt I could handle the medium better through the tight, twisty sections - plus I liked the extra standover. Try test riding both and expirement with the cockpit set-up if you can. Good luck and enjoy.

MF

Rollin' a fatty Moderator

Medium should fit

I'm 5'8" and ride a 16.5 VT frame, the NRS and VT geometry is the same so a 18.5 should be fine. I also use a setback post and a 110 stem in order to have more room.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/

Large for me

Any experience?

Cheers
    I'm 6'1"-6'2" depending on which of my (shorter) friends are claiming to be 6'. I'm riding a large and have yet to have standover issues. I just feel that smaller frames feel like kids' bikes to me!
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Any experience?

Cheers
    I may go aginst the grain here a bit but I am a bit over 6'1 and ride the 22.5. Having sold a bunch of them, These bikes need to be fitted with the top tube length in mind. In my case, I need a long top tube due to long arms and legs, and still have lots of seat post showing(6+"). Measurments on the NRS are made from the BB to the top of the seat tube collar, so a 22.5 is closer to a 20.5" in a traditional center to center measurment. I would think that the NRS 20.5 (L) would probably fit you comfortably, and the 18.5 (M) would be too short, with your seat too high relative to the bars. It kind of depends on your proportions.
    Adding a set back post and long stem to smaller frame is not a good way to fit a bike and will usually result in a twichy ride as the frame is just too short IMO

WWYD?

I have the large frame and I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs...

The bike fits me like a dream. I've got a 34" inseam and the stem that came with the bike, a titec al is short probably 90-100 mm and it feels good. But for leg length and overall sizing I would try the large and maybe play with the stem length

Any experience?

Cheers

Jan 2004

6 foot, 190lbs, 33 inseam, LARGE frame

I like the comfort of the Large vs. the medium. I used to ride a large i-drive and it was way to cramped. The NRS has a bigger cockpit.

Trail rider and racer
    Simple!

Get the large and pop on a 110mm or 120mm stem.

FWIW, for me at 5'11", I find the medium on the small side with a 120mm stem.

Trevor!

mtbr member

trying a medium...

thanks for all your input. I went for the medium since I got a great deal on it to sort of try it out. I've been offered a Large frame for AU$600 so I guess I will just see how the medium goes and swap it out if need be.
    First thoughts are the medium is very nice in tight single track for me since I've come off a Trek HT with long top tube - the Giant is much easier to flick around. It climbs nicer too. It seems a little endo-easy but i put this down to my incompetence on a smaller frame.

Trevor - love your bike btw.

cheers