NRS compared to NRS compared to NRS- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    226

    NRS compared to NRS compared to NRS

    Hey guys,

    I was interested in comparing the messurments/geometry of the NRSair 02 and 03 and 04, I tried to look it up on Giant website but couldnt find this info.

    I think I read some where that the geometry on for the 03 and 04 are the same does anyone know if there where any changes from the Air 02 frame to the 03.

    Not a big deal Im just curious.

    Many Thanks

  2. #2

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19

    Idea!

    Not sure if this is gonna help.......for 04' Giant stiffened up the rear triangles for less flex =better energy transfer, the frames from 02'-03' I believe are all identical, not sure if any of this is any help

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris009
    Not sure if this is gonna help.......for 04' Giant stiffened up the rear triangles for less flex =better energy transfer, the frames from 02'-03' I believe are all identical, not sure if any of this is any help

    Hey thanks, I finally got my head out and took the time to really look at the Giant website and found that they list the geometry in a link next to the bike pics.

    For anyone that care, the 03-04 are exactly the same, the 02 is the same except for dropout in 1.0mm smaller, Thats it!

    Anyway not that any of this really matters but I just wanted to know, PS the 04 frame looks so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Have fun

  4. #4
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,569

    NRS 04 Air...

    I am looking at my new Carbon air as I type. I will post photo's tomorrow, if anyone cares. Put on Monkeylite Hi's, Moots post, Moots stem, it weight 24.7 roight now. Am going to put on XTR cassette, bunch o' Ti bolts,, and some real tires. Hope to keep it under 25. Sweet bike. The XT lever combo is a bit heavy, and kinda clunky looking. The new frame only accepts "traditional" Fr. Der, BTW. It is definitely a bit plusher of a ride, due to the new pivot placement, and front shock. These babies are gonna be hot this year.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    I am looking at my new Carbon air as I type. I will post photo's tomorrow, if anyone cares. Put on Monkeylite Hi's, Moots post, Moots stem, it weight 24.7 roight now. Am going to put on XTR cassette, bunch o' Ti bolts,, and some real tires. Hope to keep it under 25. Sweet bike. The XT lever combo is a bit heavy, and kinda clunky looking. The new frame only accepts "traditional" Fr. Der, BTW. It is definitely a bit plusher of a ride, due to the new pivot placement, and front shock. These babies are gonna be hot this year.

    So, does it sit topped out or is there some sag in it now? Would you say a little better over the small stuff? Want to know 'cause my buddy can get me one at shop cost. It is on my short list. He has an '03 and loves it but came from a hardtail. I have been on a Jamis dakar comp for last 4 years and like but it is a little heavy and not quite as efficient. Besides it probably has about 7,000 miles on it!
    Jake

  6. #6
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedvm
    So, does it sit topped out or is there some sag in it now? Would you say a little better over the small stuff? Want to know 'cause my buddy can get me one at shop cost. It is on my short list. He has an '03 and loves it but came from a hardtail. I have been on a Jamis dakar comp for last 4 years and like but it is a little heavy and not quite as efficient. Besides it probably has about 7,000 miles on it!
    Jake
    I used to ride a 02 NRS but am now on an Ellsworth, but I feel I can answer some questions...

    Does it sit topped out?
    I would assume it does since the NRS concept relies on this. If it does not then it aint a NRS anymore.

    Would you say it is better over the smaller stuff
    Straight from the horses mouth I believe it is more compliant to the smaller stuff, and is much less harsher in contrast to the previous RS sid XC.

    IMHO, the NRS is a very efficient design. It makes for a great value bike worthy of racing long and short course type events. A pal of mine got one about a year ago - prior to this he road a hardtail since however long ago he started. Just about a month ago he sold his NRS as he believe it made no difference at all to his riding ability or style.
    The point I am trying to make is this: Be sure you can throw a leg over the bike and take a go of it. If you cant be sure to ride it in the parking lot. There is always a kerb and some dividers or something to bunny hop or launch off..


    I hope my .02 cents helps a little

    Ciao
    Trevor!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    I used to ride a 02 NRS but am now on an Ellsworth, but I feel I can answer some questions...

    Does it sit topped out?
    I would assume it does since the NRS concept relies on this. If it does not then it aint a NRS anymore.

    Would you say it is better over the smaller stuff
    Straight from the horses mouth I believe it is more compliant to the smaller stuff, and is much less harsher in contrast to the previous RS sid XC.

    IMHO, the NRS is a very efficient design. It makes for a great value bike worthy of racing long and short course type events. A pal of mine got one about a year ago - prior to this he road a hardtail since however long ago he started. Just about a month ago he sold his NRS as he believe it made no difference at all to his riding ability or style.
    The point I am trying to make is this: Be sure you can throw a leg over the bike and take a go of it. If you cant be sure to ride it in the parking lot. There is always a kerb and some dividers or something to bunny hop or launch off..


    I hope my .02 cents helps a little

    Ciao
    Trevor!
    Thanks Trevor,
    I am going to ride my buddy's bike soon. I am just concerned that coming from a more plush ride that it may seem to stiff. I guess I won't know until i sit my butt on it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.