Nobody has Trance X1's! Why not?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Nobody has Trance X1's! Why not?

I live in Arizona and am in the market for an X1.

We have about 10 dealers in Phoenix. All of them don't have X1's. Therefore, I ordered one through a reputable dealer. It's been over 2 weeks. Nothing.

They say it's still not in?..They haven't heard from Giant.

Are these bike in SUPER demand and are possibly on back order? If that's the case, why wouldn't Giant advise its dealers. Anyone else having issues with finding an X1?

mtbr member
    No issues here! I got mine about 3 weeks ago!

Oh yeah, sorry about the wait. It's worth it.
    Ride More

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    No issues in SoCal. Been seeing them at shops around here.

mtbr member
    hmmm...don't know. I guess I'll keep waiting? thanks

mtbr member
    Clearly, supply differences between the US and Australia can hardly be compared, but I've got an X1 on order here and have been told I'm looking at week 45ish delivery, so mid November... There's literally none in the country since a first initial shipment around 3 weeks ago of only a handful of bikes... The X2 is available in a few LBS's, but the X1 and X0 are yet to arrive en masse.

I feel your pain...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My LBS had one the second week it came out. I say had because now I'm riding it. Great bike.

mtbr member
    So WTF, where's the ride reports??? Come on there's loads of people looking at these bikes and wanting opinions from "normal guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon8
    My LBS had one the second week it came out. I say had because now I'm riding it. Great bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    So WTF, where's the ride reports??? Come on there's loads of people looking at these bikes and wanting opinions from "normal guys".

You are right I've been bad.

I really like this bike it rides and looks great. I sometimes find myself going into the garage just to look at it. I currently have about 100 miles on it and I haven't had to do anything but oil the chain and keep the pressure in the tires. The trails I ride can get quite bumpy but currently haven't bottomed out but am making good use of the 5 inches of travel. My friends that have HTs stay it is like riding on a cloud. I wouldn't go that far but it is a nice ride. The Hayes Stroker Trail brakes have gotten the most positive attention, they are really nice brakes. I do a lot of hill climbing also and have yet to use the pro pedal lever to stiffen things up except when first testing it out.

mtbr member
    Guilty as charged! Sorry. I'll post some pics soon and some observations about the bike as well. I've got about 140 mi on it so far. Should there be a separate Trance X sticky?
    Ride More

mtbr member
    I haven't a clue, but I'll leave that up to you now Giant boys to figure out since I've jumped ship I'd at least start a thread for pics and reports on them and if it starts to get popular then ask for it to be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by CRogge
    Guilty as charged! Sorry. I'll post some pics soon and some observations about the bike as well. I've got about 140 mi on it so far. Should there be a separate Trance X sticky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0