No Return Policy At LBS- Mtbr.com

Jan 2005

No Return Policy At LBS

My local Giant dealer has a no return policy and I did`nt see the little sign. The dealer sells used stuff and the policy is also for thier new Giant bikes.
    It just don`t seem right. I`m out a few hundred bucks and unhappy.

I AM I AM
    I thought that was normal, most LBS's here (Australia) are the same, after you buy a bike you can't return it - well probably unless there was something really wrong which in most cases would be warranty anyway. Sounds fair to me from the LBS point of view anyway.
    Smaller items are a different story, should be able to return them if something wrong or you change your mind and it's still in original condition - some bike stores probably only offer store credit rather than refunds as well.

I live to bike
    Bike shops often just can't justify having a liberal return policy like Walmart or Target. It is not unusual for LBSs to have a no return policy. Our shop does allow returns (usually exchanges) on most items, but only within a short time and it has to be returned in new condition still in the original packaging. For a bike, it's going to have to be unridden (i.e., we will do an exchange when someone purchases a bike for a kid as a b-day present but it turns out to be the wrong size--we usually try to get them to bring the kid in first or give the kid a gift card toward a bike, but some parents insist on it being a total surprise).

fg4

Aug 2007

Aug 2007
    What and why do you involve giant. Do they have anything to do with it. Give me a break no one agrees with you and you still continue to cry. Read the threads most of the people here think your an idiot and potentially drink way to much. Always try to be sober when going out for public appeal. People might be more sympathetic to your cause if you make a little bit sense. Please read through the rambling you posted on the other three threads and you will see why no one is coming to your aid. You made the purchase you have known the return policy for 10 years. This was not an impulse buy you came in several different times test road it and even asked a few other dealers about it before you made purchase. I appears that you thought this out pretty well but another personality some took over and decided that it did not want it a day later. What is done is done you bought a FELT and you are trying your best to somehow hurt my business by crying in a Giant Forum. Give me a break. Try to think clearly and cut the crap out.

I live to bike
    consumerbydesign...please don't come to my store.

Come on winter!
    Troll!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I live to bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ytc100
    Troll!
    I assume you're not referring to me, even though you post as a reply to my message. Otherwise, I am lacking in understanding how I am considered a troll.

mtbr member
    Man there is the same idiot at every bike store no matter where you go. Try driving a car off the lot, changing your mind 50km down the road, and not paying a restocking fee.

Just roll it......
    Wow. I'd say this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Consumerbydesign (coincidental name?), I'd have to say you're not doing yourself any good. It wasn't a Giant or a Serrotta.....so why are you posting about it here?

Your credibility is already shot, imo, so crawl back under the rock from whence you came before you make yourself look any worse. Jeesh, I'd hate to be in retail and have to deal with people like you.

EB

Members who have read this thread: 0