New fork for Trance 2..Setup suggestions?- Mtbr.com

Aug 2007

New fork for Trance 2..Setup suggestions?

I have the 05 trance 2 frame and am currently replacing older parts. I came across a sweet deal on a rock shox revelation 426 dual air fork. I want to replace my stock reba and would like to know if anyone has any setup suggestions or is running a similar front fork? This fork is 100 to 130mm travel.

Thanks...

mtbr member
    I run the same fork with U-TURN, but would prefer a Reba Team. I updated last year when RS decided to not include any 115mm Reba's. IMO, 130mm makes the bike far to slack. 115mm is good for longer descents or tackling more technical sections. Hence, my revelation only gets as high as 115mm (which means 340 grams and 15mm of unsed fork). But on the flip side it is technically stiffer than the Reba- which for 07 can be set up to 115mm bar the WC model.

Set-up is a tweaker's delight. Just a matter of trail and error with the Pos & Neg air springs to change up the fork's stroke. If you're just after simple set up- 10psi less in the neg air is what suits most people.

Aug 2007
    Thanks Majura!

I probably would have went for a less travel fork, but I got the revelation for such a steal I couldn't resist.

Jan 2004
    I run a 05 trance with a Marz z1 with 130mm of travel and absoutely love it. It did slack the bike out but that is exactly what I wanted.

mtbr member
    The Trance w/ that fork will be a super sweet bike that will handle the ups ad downs super sweet - crank it out for the downs and enjoy the slightly slacker HA and then crank it down for the climbs excellent choice of fork for the Trance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    +1 for the 426 dual-air fork on the Trance - I've been running that set-up and it really is a ball. The downs are just incredibly fast. Climbing is a slight, but it is just slight compromise, but easily sorted with the u-turn

Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesetter2004
    +1 for the 426 dual-air fork on the Trance - I've been running that set-up and it really is a ball. The downs are just incredibly fast. Climbing is a slight, but it is just slight compromise, but easily sorted with the u-turn

Good to hear! I just finished the brakes (Juicy 5's from Pricepoint) now I'm working on the drive chain (new cassette, chain, derailer, etc). Once that's done the 426 is going on! I can't wait to start tweaking it once the fork is on...

Members who have read this thread: 0