new 2 me anthem 29er .. rotor uprade (sizes changing) questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2018

new 2 me anthem 29er .. rotor uprade (sizes changing) questions

Hello,

I have recently received a new to me Anthem 29er, and have been getting back into mt. biking last few weeks..

I'm a bigger guy 6'3" 265lbs and I have decided the braking isn't quite doing it for me.

the bike is equipped with decore XT M785 disc brakes and currently has a ice-tech 180mm rotor upfront and a avid 160mm rotor rear.

the fork is a fox 32 float29.

My plan is to buy a XT SM-RT86 (203mm) rotor for the front and move the 180 (pretty much brand new) to the rear..

the question I have is I think** from stuff I read I can use the p/p adapter on the 180 now on the rear post mounts when I do this swap?

is that right and if now what adapter to I need for this..

someone gave me the front adapter SM-MA-F203P/P which should be right for the front?

blah blah

thank you for any assistance a few photos follow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 2 me anthem 29er .. rotor uprade (sizes changing) questions-front.jpg  

new 2 me anthem 29er .. rotor uprade (sizes changing) questions-rear.jpg  

new 2 me anthem 29er .. rotor uprade (sizes changing) questions-anthem.jpg  

WillWorkForTrail
    That front adaptor should be marked as a 20mm adaptor - I suspect the fork was originally designed to work with no adaptor on a 160mm rotor which is basically a thing of the past now. If that is in fact the case, then yes, that adaptor should give you the clearance you need on the rear to use the 180 there as well. It's hard to tell looking at the pictures, but make sure there isn't too much wear on that front rotor. I suspect it was a replacement for the very worn out original rotor, and that the rear is still the original rotor on that bike. The rear looks pretty roached.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    That front adaptor should be marked as a 20mm adaptor - I suspect the fork was originally designed to work with no adaptor on a 160mm rotor which is basically a thing of the past now. If that is in fact the case, then yes, that adaptor should give you the clearance you need on the rear to use the 180 there as well. It's hard to tell looking at the pictures, but make sure there isn't too much wear on that front rotor. I suspect it was a replacement for the very worn out original rotor, and that the rear is still the original rotor on that bike. The rear looks pretty roached.

kewl.. thanx for the response.. a friend that is more experienced with bike mechanic stuff is going to go over the bike on Wednesday and I'll ask him how that 180mm upfront looks.. the back rotor has got to go... obviously it is not so hot and it is a bit warped also..

again.. thanx a lot appreciate the help.