My first NRS....A few Q's- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

... and if we just ... NRS Sizing Question

I just bought a NEW 18.5 03 NRS1. I was riding a Large Cannondale Super V. The NRS is an inch shorter from hub to hub. I am having reservations about the size. It feels O.K. however I will not really know untill I get it out on a long ride. I am hopping you guys here can make me feel better about the Med before I go and get it dirty. I am 5'10" 180lbs and 32 inseam. If any of you are around the same build let me know what size you are riding and how you like it....

Thanks
    Tyson
    Austin TX
    Hope to be spending more time here.......
    Last edited by Sprocketty; 02-04-2004 at 12:46 PM.

Jan 2004

Shouldn't be any play in the headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketty
    I just bought a NEW 18.5 03 NRS1. I was riding a Large Cannondale Super V. The NRS seems to be a little smaller overall. I am 5'10" 180lbs and 32 inseam. If any of you are around the same build let me know what size you are riding and how you like it. I am experiencing a little play in the head set, is that normal (I hope not)? I noticed the 2004 have a new rear swing arm...does that give it any advantage to the 03?

Thanks
    Tyson
    Austin TX
    Hope to be spending more time here.......
    Loosen the stem screws and tighten up the screw that goes into the cap at the top of the fork. That should remove any play.

By the way, I'm 6 foot tall with a 33 inch inseam and I bought a Large. I have relatively long arms and don't like a cramped cockpit or leaning way down to the bars. A larger frame size starts me out with a more comfortable, bar to seat height.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 5' 10", 170 lbs, and I ride a 2002 NRS1 size large. I have a short inseam (30 inches) and a long torso, so I wanted a longer top tube length. Works fine for me.

wallnut

Upgrade Addict

Enjoy

I have an 03 NRS 2 large. I am 6' 1" 185 lbs. I like the large very much. My last bike was a Stumpjumper HT 18" and the Giant seemed huge at first but not the Stumpy seems tiny. You need to tighten that headset up.

I love mine. Enjoy.

Wandervans

5' 11" and 170

I have a 18.5(med) nrs1 and a 18" ac1 and a 18.5" vt1 and have no doubt a medium is for me. A large is going to move your center of gravity higher and you can always slide the seat back for a little more cockpit room in the medium. Always get into the smallest bike that fits you save weigth and gain manuverability.

chris

mtbr member

same size/ 5' 10"

175lb.; found riding w/seat all the way forward &compensating w/a longer stem help comfort leval & handeling in the way of keeping the front wheel planted.tried a large frame & it went back-not as comfy as med./a 100mm travel fork made the biggest diff. all around.if you have a 3 model trash the b.b./mine had a no-name tiawan piece.

Feb 2004

Wink Test Drive

Thanks for the moral support here . The sun came out today so I took her (the NRS) for test drive, she fits like a glove. It has been raining that past few days here in Austin so it was nasty muddy. What a good time to break in a brand new bike. Even considering the trail conditions she climbs like a Billy goat, especially compared to the Cannondale Super Bouncy V. I was a little worried the rear end was going to be a little still considering the bike I was riding however this NRS is as plush as can be. Excellent bike.......

Tyson
    Austin

MTBR Tool
    5' 9 1/2", 165lbs, 30" inseam. Size Med (18.5"). Standover height and pedal adjustment is spot on. I think that I may go w/a longer stem and zero offset seatpost to get my weight forward but otherwise I'm very happy w/my new ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0