mtbr member
    Jul 2006

New question here. Looking to upgrade Reign 3 '05 cranks

Would appreciate any comments and/or suggestions on upgrading the cranks on an '05 Reign 3. I have a stock components on it right now:

Race Face Ride XC ISIS
    Race Face SRX ISIS

And I'm looking to upgrade to a Race Face Atas Crankset with X-Type External Bottom Bracket. Anyone using these on a Reign?

Also, how can I found out the BB shell width (68 or 73mm), crank length (170, 175, 180mm) and chain line (48,49,50mm) I'd need? The information from Giant isn't that specific.

Thanks.

Just roll it......

Bump because I need this info. too

Looking to buy a reign frame so I will likely need the following info.
    • BB shell size - 68 or 73mm?
    • Bottom bracket type.....will all external bb's play nice with this frame (e.g. Hone, Saint, RF Atlas, XT)?
    • seatpost size
    • seatpost collar size
    • front der. type and size (e.g. top pull, bottom swing)

Many thanks,
    EBX

F'ed in the Head!
    I have an 05 Reign 1 and recently upgraded the cranks too. Was using a set of Shimano XT 68x113, the 118 width was a little too long for the bike. Caused the chainline to be a little funky. Still the 113 just fit better. I went with the Shimano Saint triple for my Reign a little heavier but much more durable than the XT's are. Very happy with them too! Seatpost size is 30.9 seat collar size escapes me right now, as well as the front derailuer clamp size too. I do know it is a top pull front derailuer though. So far the External Bottom Bracket has been fine, as of now. Now troubles so far very happy with the Saint's!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    BB is 68 X 113 for octalink. I am running an XT 175mm.
    34.9 outer diameter seat tube. The Wheel World bike come with a QR collar. If that is what you are getting.
    Top swing fr.der. any ending in "0" will work. No matter if it is XT or deore.

Members who have read this thread: 0