Just sharing pic of my VT- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Smile Just sharing pic of my VT

Just had to post an updated pic after I detailed my VT and put on the new wheelset I got from Mike Garcia at oddsandendos.com :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I bike; therefore, I work

I live to bike

nice bike!

but drop the water bottles in favor of a camelback, and the toe clips in favor of clipless and you'd have the perfect bike.

Quote Originally Posted by VT no 1 2 or 3
    Just had to post an updated pic after I detailed my VT and put on the new wheelset I got from Mike Garcia at oddsandendos.com :-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

I think it is the perfect bike- for me. I use clipless on my road bikes (see pic of my foul weather hybrid)- just cannot stand the feel of clipless pedals off-road- so I ride what feels right and I don't have to worry about mud buildup in the winter :-). I have a camelback- I use it mainly for really hot rides (100 F+ or rides longer than 2.5 hrs), but most of my rides are about 2 hrs and the two water bottles work just fine, plus I don't get the super-soaker back.
    Last edited by VT no 1 2 or 3; 09-01-2004 at 08:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Why do you torture me at work? I know my VT is just sitting in my house WAITING for me! Also, you said you "detailed" it. What was the best method to clean it? I mean, I have a hard time getting some of the stuff clean (especially the shock area). Oh man...If it wasn't for my girlfriend, I'd wake up every morning next to my Gray VT. Ok, a bit overkill...but you get my drift?...I love the bike!

Reviewer/Tester
    HEY!!! wait a second... are you telling me you *don't* sleep with your VT?

Hmmm.. maybe I should let my wife back in the bed and put the VT out in the garage???

........................ nah....

R.

mtbr remember
    Nice ride! You must be a tall dude?
    You should check out the Crank Bros Mallet pedals. I have them on a couple of my bikes that way I can have clipless efficiency on all the climbs and straights, but when it gets sketchy I can just unclip and ride the platform. I can also just ride to the bar, class, etc. w/ just some flip flops on no problem.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Detailing- just washed it, dried, and then used some auto detail spray wax to wipe down the frame- nice and shinny when done.

Pedals- I have tried several different SPD type and Times- just can not get comfortable with them off-road. I don't notice any loss of efficiency using the old school toe clips and straps, but then I have a pretty good spin (road cycling helps here) and use a decent cycling shoe ( I actually have three sets of cycling shoes- One set for the road bike and kept at work, one for the hybrid at home and one for the VT).

I also get alot of practice climbing since I live in the coastal range and the average grade is 10-12% with sections that exceed 20% grade. Many of my rides start up-hill and end coming up-hill- it is not uncommon for me to have a 25-30 mile ride with 3000 to 4000 vertical feet of climbing.

Well back to work- here is a pic of what hangs on my office wall- I am always ready to ride :-)