Input on trance sizing- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Hope Input on trance sizing

hey, just need some input on sizes. i'lm 5'6" about 140lbs with a 80cm inseem. I've got two giant bikes (a road and an old hardtail) and they're both too small, id dont want to make the same mistake with a trance. Opinions on 16" or 18" would be awesome!

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    I'm right at about your height and ride a Small NRS and found the Medium XTC to be a bit on the large side.

I personally would go for the 16" if you don't mind running alot of seatpost (I had to replace the seatpost with a thomson 410mm to get the right leg extension).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

80cm inseam=32"? Sounds like you are all legs...

or maybe wearing high heels? I'm 5-6, 175lbs, inseam probably around 29", would ride a 16" Trance, except I went for the Reign instead- 15", yup, fifteen inch frame, 75mm stem with riser bar- best bike and best fitting bike I have probably every had in 20 years. Try before you buy...

Jul 2006

Smile

Hey,
    thanx for the input. i actually test rode an 18" today just around a parking lot, and it felt like it would be a little tough to handle in the mountains. Ill go with the 16 and get a longer seatpost and stem... and there were not high heels involved, i'm all legs and arms.

Members who have read this thread: 0