Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

how to manual a reign

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  HighTitan 
#1 ·
Any of you guys & gals can actually manual a reign.

I am hanging so far of the back that I can use my nuts as a brake and still that front wheel mocks me.

S.

#7 ·
for those asking "what is a manual"

it's very similar to a wheelie, in that the idea is to get the front wheel of the ground the difference is that in a manual you do not pedal to keep the froont wheel up. It's a matter of getting enough speed/momentum and then lifting the front wheel.

#8 ·
I can manual my reign no problem. It motos great through whoops and whatever else I need to get over using only the rear wheel.
The bike has a huge "sweet spot", I can ride a wheelie on it for a really long time, long enough where I change gears to keep up.

Start out by doing some wheelies in the saddle so you get a feel of where the bike needs to be balanced.

#10 ·
boogenman said:
I can manual my reign no problem. It motos great through whoops and whatever else I need to get over using only the rear wheel.
The bike has a huge "sweet spot", I can ride a wheelie on it for a really long time, long enough where I change gears to keep up.

Start out by doing some wheelies in the saddle so you get a feel of where the bike needs to be balanced.
Well done, what stem and handlebars do you use. I am using the standard failrly flat bars I think the stem is between 70-90mm with 5deg rise

S

#14 ·
I just swapped out the 90mm stem for a 70 and now 60mm stem and it has made a huge difference making it heaps easier to loft the front wheel. It shifts your weight back on the bike so you use your legs, hips and ankles to loft it rather then just yanking on the bars. I use a combination of down and forward with my legs and up and back with the bars. I am seriously loving the shorter stem, specially with the 160mm Lyrics on the front. I find myself wheelying off anything I can find.

#15 ·
i dont have a reign but i know how to manual. your gonna wanna pull up and push your legs out in front of you kinda that way the rolls out from under you. your gonna use ur legs and arms to balance, by pumping them in and out to get your balance. it takes away so just keep practicing.

i use to manual my BMX race bike over whoops, doubles, table tops and step ups. usually on the table tops i would do a "power wheelie" thats when you actually pedal in a wheelie across the top of the jump to get more speed. i have taken these skills and put them into downhill and its workin really good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.