Is this a good deal on a Trance 3- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Is this a good deal on a Trance 3

My LBS has an 07' Trance 3 for $1200 and they are discounting it 20% to get ready for the 08' models. I had originally planned on going the cheap route, but for around $1k it seems like a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

Thanks, JDB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime8425
    My LBS has an 07' Trance 3 for $1200 and they are discounting it 20% to get ready for the 08' models. I had originally planned on going the cheap route, but for around $1k it seems like a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

Thanks, JDB
    20% off is what I got my '06 Trance at in October of last year, so yep that's usually as good as it'll get from a local dealer. See if you can avoid the tax by paying cash or check, that'll save you another $50. And see if they can throw in a chainstay protector and some other small items to make you happy. You might not get the price down any more but you can still make out like a bandit.

A real reach would be to see if they'll swap the Dart for a Reba.

Bike Geek

yes

yes thats a good deal. I agree, the Dart is the weak part of that build. You may be able to see if your dealer has a take off fork on another model. I almost bought that bike and swapped the fork for a marzocchi.
    RIP AL DAVIS

I AM I AM
    Or even a Tora, cheaper than a reba but much more plush than the Dart.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ok so i went to the LBS with the intentions of getting the 07 trance 3, but walked out with an 07 trance 2. I rode both bikes and it was unbelievable the difference in a couple hundred dollars. So i got the the bike, pedals, tubes, co2 pump, and a nice multi tool for $1600 out the door. I will post some pictures tonight.

Thanks . JDB

I AM I AM
    You won't regret it

mtbr member
    You'll love the T2, it is definitely a much better spec'd and riding bike than an T3 (2006 model that is). A T2 '06 is = to a T3 '05 in parts spec, so that price might have been a bit high, but prices also went up in general in '06 - I paid $1400 new at the beginning of '05 when they were almost newly released, but then again I didn't pay taxes since it was shipping out of the US.

Just curious if anyone has browsed GIANT's Trance line-up and see what a huge gap they have between the T1 & T2 for '08 and that they ony offer 2 of the 4" Trances
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0