going price of used VT frames- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

going price of used VT frames

I've got a line on a barely used 03 VT1 frame. Supposedly it's only been ridden once, there are no scratches or rub marks, and the swinger 4way isn't even broken in yet. The guy is asking $600, which seems like a really good deal to me.

Do frames lose that much value the minute they hit the trail, or is this a pretty good deal? Was there a change in frame design from 03 to 04 that makes this frame less valuable? The price seems awful low to me, and I'm skeptical that I might be missing something. Here's the link for the ad: VT1 for $600

Jan 2004

Decent price on a decent frame.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonpt
    I've got a line on a barely used 03 VT1 frame. Supposedly it's only been ridden once, there are no scratches or rub marks, and the swinger 4way isn't even broken in yet. The guy is asking $600, which seems like a really good deal to me.

Do frames lose that much value the minute they hit the trail, or is this a pretty good deal? Was there a change in frame design from 03 to 04 that makes this frame less valuable? The price seems awful low to me, and I'm skeptical that I might be missing something. Here's the link for the ad: VT1 for $600
    The list price for NRS frames was $850 ro $895 if I recall. I bought a new one, off a shop bike, for $650. $600, seems reasonable but no steal. Checking eBay, I see them going for between $500 and $600. Keep in mind, you could probably buy a used VT for cheaper than you can build one up from parts.

Danny

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    The list price for NRS frames was $850 ro $895 if I recall. I bought a new one, off a shop bike, for $650. $600, seems reasonable but no steal. Checking eBay, I see them going for between $500 and $600. Keep in mind, you could probably buy a used VT for cheaper than you can build one up from parts.

Danny
    Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought the frames retailed for a lot more than that. And yes, I do know that I could buy a used VT (complete) for less than I could build one, but I don't have the money to put into a complete bike. My plan is to buy a frame, fork, BB and crankset, and use a bunch of parts I have laying around to complete the bike. Then I'll upgrade some of the old parts as I get more spare cash.

Jan 2004
    Well if your intrested the VT2 & VT1 are both the same frame and rear shock. I've got both, brand new never ridden, I'm including the raceface bottom bracket and FSA integrated headset with the seatpost for $700.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-Ride-ah
    Well if your intrested the VT2 & VT1 are both the same frame and rear shock. I've got both, brand new never ridden, I'm including the raceface bottom bracket and FSA integrated headset with the seatpost for $700.
    Are the cranks and rings included too? Which cranks are they? If I did buy from you, I'd want the VT1 frame - simply beceause I like the color better.

Jan 2004
    Are the cranks and rings included too? Which cranks are they? If I did buy from you, I'd want the VT1 frame - simply beceause I like the color better.
    Cranks are included at the buy it now price,

Click here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought the frames retailed for a lot more than that. And yes, I do know that I could buy a used VT (complete) for less than I could build one, but I don't have the money to put into a complete bike. My plan is to buy a frame, fork, BB and crankset, and use a bunch of parts I have laying around to complete the bike. Then I'll upgrade some of the old parts as I get more spare cash.
    I'd sell you my medium '03 VT1 frame with '03 XT cranks, BB, XT front derailleur, Thomson post and FSA headset for $600 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Everything is in great shape and has about one month of riding on it. I can take digital pics if interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wfl3
    I'd sell you my medium '03 VT1 frame with '03 XT cranks, BB, XT front derailleur, Thomson post and FSA headset for $600 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Everything is in great shape and has about one month of riding on it. I can take digital pics if interested.
    Pics would be great, thanks.

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-Ride-ah
    I dropped my price to $650 as I just saw a used one go for that so I thought I'd offer the same deal for a New one.
    Use my buy it now and get a raceface turbine LP crakset, raceface bottom bracket, fsa headset and titec seatpost.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_Outside_N_Ride
    I dropped my price to $650 as I just saw a used one go for that so I thought I'd offer the same deal for a New one.
    Use my buy it now and get a raceface turbine LP crakset, raceface bottom bracket, fsa headset and titec seatpost.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1
    wow, whats with everyone getting rid of their vt's! the vt is sucha great bike!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. VT
    wow, whats with everyone getting rid of their vt's! the vt is sucha great bike!
    I'm not getting rid of them, I just bought three on sale at a local shop that just opened to part out and make a lil money to pay for my new frame. If I was under 200lbs, I'd be riding one for sure! Awesome frame, light, and the shock is un beatable, I just do more of a FR/DH type riding so I need a coil shock for my hefty a$$.