Thread: Giant Yukon

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Giant Yukon

I bought a giant yukon a week ago, and i have been riding it alot and it seems it needs a little tune up, just how everything is doing now seems a little different then when i got it, is there any where showing how to fine tune all the components on my yukon or should i just bring it in for the one of my two free tune-ups?

I live to bike
    When you take it in to the shop for your free tune-up, pick up a copy of "Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance." Or Bicycling's "Complete Guide to Bicycle Maintanance and Repair." Either of these books will be great for leading you through the process of tuning your bike. Your shop will certainly have at least one of those two books. You could also pick one up off Amazon.com.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Bit of cable stretch and is expected. It wil settle down. Get the free tune-ups. You will probably want the second one in about another six months.

Solution: pedal harder
    Sep 2006

good help site

Infamous,

Check out park tool's site:
    http://www.parktool.com/repair/

It gives a lot of really good guidelines on how to maintain your bike. I have a yukon as well. The site may not always be spot on but definitely gives you a good idea of how to think about the problem.

Good luck!

Jim
    This isn't the signature you're looking for.

zip it up, zip it out
    Jun 2006
    i ride the exact same bike as you, and mine reacted the same way after a month of trail riding (even wacked the rear rim fairly far out of true) but the LBS took care of it with the free tuneup in one afternoon.

have fun with your yukon, i think its hard to beat the yukon for a sub $500 bike

Members who have read this thread: 0