Giant Trance 2 2019 for 2650$ at local shop- Mtbr.com
    Nickthed3
    Jul 2019

Giant Trance 2 2019 for 2650$ at local shop

At 250$ off msrp seems like a good deal. What do you folks think? It's a couple hundred more than I planned on but......... Also would I be a scum bag if I tried to negotiate with them for another 100$ off? Lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickthed3 View Post
    At 250$ off msrp seems like a good deal. What do you folks think? It's a couple hundred more than I planned on but......... Also would I be a scum bag if I tried to negotiate with them for another 100$ off? Lol
    Not at all, never hurts to ask. Also, see if they will give you some in store discounts or other items.

About this same time in 2016, I picked up a 2016 Trance 2 for $2300 out the door price. That's another way to get a little more, ask if they'll cover the tax. I haven't checked, but I'm assuming the msrp's have changed a little in 3 years.

Love my Trance 2, rides trails well and can bomb the bike park all day long. I know there are better trail and bike park bikes, but the Trance is a strong combo and has held up well over 3 seasons of riding.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nickthed3
    Jul 2019
    Great info for a first time buyer. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Also, if you take exchange rates into account, the 2019 Trance 2 has been as cheap as NZ$2699 (including 15% sales tax) which is < US$1810 at today's exchange rate, I still think there's plenty of margin for the shop owners.

mtbr member
    I just bought a trance 29 and my LBS did a Price match on another shop that has a July sale giving 10% off any instock or available bike. Didn't take a ton off but gave me a little room for a helmet,

mtbr member
    I'd rather get Trance 1, maybe used one instead. Price should be close but it's much better spec wise.
    Otherwise, get T2 used and upgrade parts for the difference in price.
    Used bike market is very saturated and there are so many good bikes available. If you're after value, used bikes are much better choice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Picked up my Trance 29 2 the middle of June and the shop gave me the Giant Spring Sale price which was $900 off the $3100 msrp. The sale had ended the month before.

mtbr member
    How did it go did you buy the bike?

Ride lots...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlr8n View Post
    Picked up my Trance 29 2 the middle of June and the shop gave me the Giant Spring Sale price which was $900 off the $3100 msrp. The sale had ended the month before.
    The Giant spring sale price was not $2200. The sale price was just north of $2600.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dsully575 View Post
    The Giant spring sale price was not $2200. The sale price was just north of $2600.
    At my shop it was on sale for $2201. That's what I paid back in the middle of June anyway.

Ride lots...
    At my shop it was on sale for $2201. That's what I paid back in the middle of June anyway.
    It's cool you got such a good deal. I'm just clarifying that Giant's Spring Sale price was 15% off for the Trance. One shop where I live had it listed at $2605 and another shop had it at $2635. I believe Giant's website listed it at $2635.

I got mine last month for $2600 because my shop wanted to clear out the 2019's. It's a great bike. Personally I would have a hard time paying full MSRP for one, but it's a great bike nonetheless.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    It's cool you got such a good deal. I'm just clarifying that Giant's Spring Sale price was 15% off for the Trance. One shop where I live had it listed at $2605 and another shop had it at $2635. I believe Giant's website listed it at $2635.

I got mine last month for $2600 because my shop wanted to clear out the 2019's. It's a great bike. Personally I would have a hard time paying full MSRP for one, but it's a great bike nonetheless.
    And it's uncool that you just gave me a negative rep for stating what I paid for my bike. That was a real lame move.

Ride lots...
    And it's uncool that you just gave me a negative rep for stating what I paid for my bike. That was a real lame move.
    Cry me a river. You didn't just state what you paid. You adamantly stated false info. Giant's sale was 15% off -- that's FAR from $900 off. You said you got the Spring Sale price and that was $900 off. Completely and entirely false. Maybe you were given bad info. I don't care. You didn't know what you were talking about.

Then when I corrected you, you were going to argue further by claiming you saw a sale price list at your LBS. But then you edited your reply and took that info out. I know because I saw that first version in my email notification.

What's lame here is you digging your heals in and giving entirely false information.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Cry me a river. You didn't just state what you paid. You adamantly stated false info. Giant's sale was 15% off -- that's FAR from $900 off. You said you got the Spring Sale price and that was $900 off. Completely and entirely false. Maybe you were given bad info. I don't care. You didn't know what you were talking about.

Then when I corrected you, you were going to argue further by claiming you saw a sale price list at your LBS. But then you edited your reply and took that info out. I know because I saw that first version in my email notification.

What's lame here is you digging your heals in and giving entirely false information.
    lol! I think you're just butt hurt because someone may have gotten a better deal than you. High-larious stuff man.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

I stated what I paid which was the sale price at my shop. It was listed on their spring sales flyer for $2201. I don't appreciate being called a liar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Trance 2 2019 for 2650$ at local shop-0805190855.jpg  

Ride lots...
    lol! I think you're just butt hurt because someone may have gotten a better deal than you. High-larious stuff man.
    I stated what I paid which was the sale price at my shop. It was listed on their spring sales flyer for $2201. I don't appreciate being called a liar.
    I never said you were a liar. I said you gave completely false info as to what the Giant Spring sale discount was. You never stated it was your shop's Spring sale -- you claimed it was Giant's Spring sale price.

Besides your obvious lack of reading comprehension skills, it's obvious you only came here to brag about the good deal you got. If the need to think I'm jealous of that is what you need to make yourself feel better then so be it. You stated false information and then got all defensive and started this pissing match just because I corrected you, and then justifiably gave you negative rep when you dug your heels in over it.

I can't believe I'm still having to explain myself over this. Every time you come back with an argumentative reply, you continue to give false information and claim I said things I didn't say, when it's all up above in my posts for you to read. Seriously -- get a life man.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I never said you were a liar. I said you gave completely false info as to what the Giant Spring sale discount was. You never stated it was your shop's Spring sale -- you claimed it was Giant's Spring sale price.

Besides your obvious lack of reading comprehension skills, it's obvious you only came here to brag about the good deal you got. If the need to think I'm jealous of that is what you need to make yourself feel better then so be it. You stated false information and then got all defensive and started this pissing match just because I corrected you, and then justifiably gave you negative rep when you dug your heels in over it.

I can't believe I'm still having to explain myself over this. Every time you come back with an argumentative reply, you continue to give false information and claim I said things I didn't say, when it's all up above in my posts for you to read. Seriously -- get a life man.
    Let it go already. 15 years here and you have one rep bar, go figure. The low road leads to nowhere.

Ride lots...
    Let it go already. 15 years here and you have one rep bar, go figure. The low road leads to nowhere.
    Ya, I don't live my life on this forum or care much what my "rep" is. That wasn't even a thing when I signed up. Don't know and don't care when it became a thing.

But sure, change the subject and redirect to that once it became obvious that you were entirely wrong to the original discussion. Typical tactic of someone who's wrong.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ya, I don't live my life on this forum or care much what my "rep" is. That wasn't even a thing when I signed up. Don't know and don't care when it became a thing.

But sure, change the subject and redirect to that once it became obvious that you were entirely wrong to the original discussion. Typical tactic of someone who's wrong.
    Last word. Last word. You too much man. lol

Ride lots...
    Last word. Last word. You too much man. lol
    And now you've given me negative rep in retaliation?

Passive-aggressive much? The only difference is that I don't care.