Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019

I am thinking about the Revolt Advanced 2 for a paved road and gravel road bike, I don't think I would spend the money on the Advanced 1 because of the single ring cranks, I need more gearing for my riding. I am not sure what to think about the cable/ Hydro brakes but the same frame and wheels as the 1 should be good for me. I won't be racing but will use as a all around riding. Looking for anyone ridding or has ridden the Advanced 2. I own a Giant Defy Advanced road bike and really like it. I'm asking for any input. thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    My local dealer has a xl, size I need and did a test ride the other day. Very nice, carbon frame, tubless tires, very good price for a carbon frame bike that could be used for a road bike also.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    You will be happy, i got the advanced 0, it feels very much like my roadbike, icant speak to the 2 version, but i know its the same frame and i love it

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    I have had a 2 for a few months and immediately disliked the hybrid cable hydro brakes. To be fair I bought it with the intention of removing the clunky converter from the start. With hydraulic brakes it's a superb bike. Love it.
    Next thing is I'm thinking of is a second set of rims with some skinnies. This would really give me two bikes in one!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DCoz View Post
    I have had a 2 for a few months and immediately disliked the hybrid cable hydro brakes. To be fair I bought it with the intention of removing the clunky converter from the start. With hydraulic brakes it's a superb bike. Love it.
    Next thing is I'm thinking of is a second set of rims with some skinnies. This would really give me two bikes in one!
    How much was it to upgrade to full hydraulic?

I'm waiting on a 2 right now, but opted for a downgrade to mech brakes (Tektro Spyres) since my LBS told me it'd be ~$1000 to convert to full hydraulic.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Does anyone have a recent update on availability (from Giant) of a medium 2 in orange?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tgriff View Post
    How much was it to upgrade to full hydraulic?

I'm waiting on a 2 right now, but opted for a downgrade to mech brakes (Tektro Spyres) since my LBS told me it'd be ~$1000 to convert to full hydraulic.
    Sorry missed your post...I was knocked off my 2018 Fastroad comax and the bike was wrecked. I did however salvage the parts to convert my Revolt to a flatbar full hydraulic...so $0
    I did not need to change the calipers at all, only the levers and hydralic lines due to different lengths for flatbar. New cables for deraillieurs easy to thread in too.