mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Giant DH discussion of love!

Hi everyone. With Giant bringing out the Glory, the wonderful Giant DH has died a death. I haven't had the chance to ride the Glory, but it looks awesome. I have recently just got my hands on a Giant Dh Team which I will be taking out to the hill next weekend. So, with all the love being paid to the faiths, glory's and reigns of the new generation......how about some love for the recently passed away DH.

Anyone ridden them? Anyone have any advice on the best set ups for them etc...I am usre I am opening myself up for a whole load of abuse here for having and aged bike, but I am really keen to hear your thoughts!

spinner
    I'm still riding an 03 model , as much as I'd love to upgrade , lack of $$$ will ensure I keep riding the old DH Comp for at least another year.

I go through 2 sets of linkage bearings each year and have found 262 Loctite holds those linkage bolts in place fairly well. Apart from that , I've had no other problems with the frame.

I got my hands on a remote reservoir Swinger a while back , so can now adjust the shock easily ! Still love the old girl , even though I cant help drooling over IH Sundays , wouldn't mind a ride on a Glory either.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    i've been riding my 03 dh team for almost a couple seasons now. love it tons.

does everyone have a really crappy chainline like me? i use an e13 srs guide... i forget what bb and such!

Members who have read this thread: 0