mtbr member
    Jul 2005

getting a faith frame.

hey if u read my posts last year i had a faith coming in for myself. well things didnt work out with that so i didnt get it. i currently have an 05 switch that i bought like a month ago as a leftover. i love the bike and im definately keeping it..however it would be nice to have an 8 inch + travel bike for the real tough (heavy freeride and dh) stuff eventually and use the switch as my light fr/ trail bike. im probably gonna get a faith or some similar frame sometime like september probably but im just curious as to what size to get. my current bike is a small and has a 22.2 inch top tube. the bike feels a little cramped but its fine. this time i want to make sure i get the perfect size. im about 5'9/5'10 and 15 so im probably gonna grow a little. any suggestions as to what size is good? im only buying a frame by the way and building it up by 07 season. thanks.

2010 Glory custom FR
    hi, I am 5'7 and I had faith 2 S-size with boxxer race (200mm) last year. The bike was a little bit too high for me, but I liked it very much. I think S-size will be perfect for you.
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    Personally it seems you are picking a bad time to put some serious cash into something you could out-grow in the next few months. At 15 your body is about to prob go ballistic and you might gain a 1/2" or several inches and then your hard earned money is out the window - I know I shot up at that age and am glad I didn't have an expensive hobby like MTB or something where size was important.

If it were me and you don't plan to build the frame up to a complete bike until '07, then buy all the parts you want for the frame - specs aren't gona change, ST, HT size etc - and then when you're just about ready to build it, then buy the frame and by then maybe you might be 6ft or taller and need a Medium or large frame.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Members who have read this thread: 0