on my 3rd wind...

FYI, Giant AC rockerarm from sgf are still available!

I thought I pass along this info to other GIANT AC owner. I just rebuilt my 02 AC with diff components. I was looking for sgf rocker arm but could not find it anywhere nor their website. After reading a thread that mentioned their email address (sgfcomponents@charter.net), I sent an email to see if they are still around. Well, Sergio sent me an email right back on same day.

Sergio's email:
    "...We do still have the AC rocker arms in stock. We have black, silver, blue or gold... These rocker arms will give your AC 7" and a 5 1/2" setting. It will change to leverage rate a bit so you will have to stiffin your spring rate either by a stiffer spring or more air pressure if you have a air shock..."

For those of you looking to upgrade AC or NRS, send sgf an email. Price was killer too!

STH
    Last edited by SingleTrackHound; 07-11-2006 at 02:00 PM.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    .....Price was killer too!....
    How much???

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    How much???
    $49 plus $4.05 shipping. Got it in 3 days after paypal payment.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Not bad. Have you tried them out yet? I have heard varying reports on the swingarm mods for ACs, 7" travel puts the shock at 3.5:1 leverage ratio... It might work for me because 5.5" travel would actually work better w/ the spring I have, and I could get a heavier one to run 7". Do you know if the plates change the bike's geometry with the suspension at full extension?

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    Not bad. Have you tried them out yet? I have heard varying reports on the swingarm mods for ACs, 7" travel puts the shock at 3.5:1 leverage ratio... It might work for me because 5.5" travel would actually work better w/ the spring I have, and I could get a heavier one to run 7". Do you know if the plates change the bike's geometry with the suspension at full extension?
    Yes I am aware of everything you've mentioned. Once I get some ride time in after install, will post. It doesn't seem like bike geometry will be change very much based on preliminary side by side comparison. I have swinger 4 way air shock so matching the increased leverage ratio should be a piece of cake. It is a one heavy duty piece of solid aluminum so it should stiffen up the rear end quite a bit. Will post more detail after I logs some rides in at familiar terrain.

STH

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Got mine 3 months ago...

They are very nice. They aligned right up straight as an arrow. I got them because my 04 4-way's fill valve hits the rockers in the 5.15 and 6 inch position. Also might make it slightly less progressive as I'm using most of the travel now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceride
    They are very nice. They aligned right up straight as an arrow. I got them because my 04 4-way's fill valve hits the rockers in the 5.15 and 6 inch position. Also might make it slightly less progressive as I'm using most of the travel now.
    Good thing I bought the sgf rocker. I bought a swinger shock off of busted tomac eli. I think it's an 05 however since at 5.15" setting my swinger does not hit the oem rocker. What is that extra yellow knob on the middle of your swinger? Also, do you mean you want to increase the progressiveness adj (spv volumn) since it's using all of its travel now? You may want to increase spv pressure as well at the expense of some plushness.

I have 02 AC-2 frame in black that I just rebuilt. I took it for 5 hr ride yesterday still with oem rocker and it rides nice. I can't wait to put the sgf. I just want some ride time with oem so I know how sgf works.

STH

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    Good thing I bought the sgf rocker. I bought a swinger shock off of busted tomac eli. I think it's an 05 however since at 5.15" setting my swinger does not hit the oem rocker. What is that extra yellow knob on the middle of your swinger? Also, do you mean you want to increase the progressiveness adj (spv volumn) since it's using all of its travel now? You may want to increase spv pressure as well at the expense of some plushness.

I have 02 AC-2 frame in black that I just rebuilt. I took it for 5 hr ride yesterday still with oem rocker and it rides nice. I can't wait to put the sgf. I just want some ride time with oem so I know how sgf works.

STH
    That yellow knob is a negative air valve that I installed after it got the dreaded stuck down syndrome. It was an ebay shock that was a new takeoff, yea right... Anyway, when I rebuilt the shock I put that bleed fitting on the neg part of the can so if it happens again...

I use this bike for xc and not much else. I was never using all the travel available. even at the largest spv volume setting. When I rebuilt the shock I put the ipf piston further down the bore to increase the volume even more. I was thinking the longer rockers would flatten the curve alittle also. It rides just the way I like it now.

Members who have read this thread: 1