Fork on a Trance (Marz/Fox)- Mtbr.com

Feb 2007

Fork on a Trance (Marz/Fox)

Hi guys, need some help deciding on a fork for my Trance 4 2005.

Im basically looking at two forks, the Marzocchi XC 600 2007 and the Fox Talas 32 R 2007

Anyone owns any of these two forks? I know Marzocchi forks are really reliable but not much review has been given for the XC600. And according to my LBS, the Fox fork seals dont last long.

Im hoping of having a headache-free fork, so the XC600 is sligthy more tempting. However, i would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks for reading, and Id appreciate it if you would give me some feedback.

mtbr member
    I was looking at the reviews for the Marz XC 700 and they were pretty horrible. Apparently the internal air spring seals blow out. I know Marzocchi forks have been really reliable in the past, but I think this latest offering may need some further R&D. The Fox TALAS should be pretty nice. I haven't heard much about seals wearing out on them. I would look at the TALAS 32 and the RS Reba Team U-Turn (3.5 lbs, 85-115mm) or Revelation (4.0 lbs, 100-130 mm). I do know that the current Rock Shox forks are extremely reliable.
    -Chris
    Ride More

Feb 2007
    Thanks for the reply.

The problem with buying a RockShox here in my country is that we dont get the full warranty as apposed to the US or European markets. We wont get to exchange our faulty forks for a brand new one. Plus we might need to pay for the ordered spare parts needed for repairs to the LBS. So its quite risky.

The price that i can get for both the XC600 2007 and TalasR 2007 are quite similar. If im to wait for 2008 forks which we can only get it here after mid-year of 2008, and the price will surely be higher.

Should I buy any of the two forks now or stick with my Manitou Axel till the 2008 forks come?

Thanks. Im really sorry for passing some of my headached's to you.

mtbr member
    I would definitely go with the Fox. I would even get a Rock Shox w/o warranty before one of those Marzocchi forks w/ warranty.
    Ride More

Feb 2007
    Haha, ok thanks a bunch. The Fox it is then.

You have really helped me alot, I cant thank you enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0