Which fork for a 07 Reign guys?- Mtbr.com

View Poll Results: Which fork for a Reign?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • Am SL 1

5 11.90%
  • Fox 36 van/talas/float

18 42.86%
  • Magura Wotan

2 4.76%
  • Lyrik 2-step/solo/u-turn

10 23.81%
  • Sumthing else?

7 16.67%
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Which fork for a 07 Reign guys?

Which fork would You put on your Reign? Or did you already upgrade your previous fork?

Im riding a 07 Reign w/ rp23 and thinking of upgrading the fork. The Pike feels short. Darn.
    Pike A-to-C measurement is 517mm.

Looking to canvas opinions, Ive almost decided already.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I just switch from a Pike to a Z1 light on my 575 (not the same as a Reign, but you get the idea) and like it very much

the z1 light is the same as the current z1 RC2 ETA (only that white, instead of orange).. you should consider the z1 too...

Jul 2007
    I said fox 36 altough i have a dual air pike on mine. I juts felt it need abit extra though teh pike is very very very nice

mtbr member
    I have a 2007 reign0 with a fox float RLC, I like the fork a lot. If I was to upgrade I would get a 36 TALAS. There have been a few times where the extra stability of a 20mm axle would have been nice. I recomend the TALAS because you can lower it on the fly

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Marz Z1 Light or 55 would do the job too.

A Van/Float 36 might be a bit tall with no option to drop it for climbing.

mtbr member
    Z1 RC2 Eta
    Last edited by laurenlex; 07-20-2007 at 01:04 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm assuming you have a Reign 0?

I almost bought that bike, and I picked up a 2006 36 TALAS RC2 for it for the same reasons as Boogenman.

I now have the fork for sale if you're interested (PM me)
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

grade A procrastinator
    I have a Z1 FR SL , but I find the 36's to be quite alluring...

the reign is so beefy and stable it just seems like it should be matched with 36 mm stanchions for the perfect feel.

I will probabaly get one at some point.

tch
    mtbr member
    I'll be waiting for the new 55. 20mm axle and 35mm arms, 125-160mm travel and 4.64 pounds. That will be a nice up grade from the QR Nixon w/ 145mm

squish is good
    I hear the Wotan is the shiznit, but I haven't ridden one. I am running a Marz AM 1 (not the SL) and am having serious travel issues with it, the lockout engages around the 4.5" mark in the stroke. It's getting shipped off to the factory this week for sure and the Nixon is going back on in the mean time. Just something to chew on, I haven't heard of many similar problems on the spring equipped AM's.

Ride lots...
    I voted for the AM SL 1 because I have one on my Reign and love it. It works well, is light and the TST and travel adjust rock. Honestly though, you've listed some kick @$$ forks and really couldn't go wrong with any of them.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have an 05 Fox 36R TALAS on my 05 Reign. The fork is nice and stiff and lightweight. It climbs very well and I never alter the travel from 150mm. I can't compare this fork to anything else on the reign as it came as a frameset. The newer talas forks with 3 travel positions would be great - on the 05 it only changes in 3mil increments which is useless when you are out riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    MS MSP: I bought it as a frameset.

55 marz sounds really interesting... Havent seen them anywhere yet, when are they due to be released?

Thanks for yall input, Half of you rave for the 36, only a few for the lyrik... Maybe theres only a few of them on Reigns. In Europe the Wotan and Lyrik cost about the same and 36s 1,5 times more expensive.

mtbr member
    As much as I really like fox of course, I really DONT like their "travel down" system, its hard to use and definitely not "on-the-fly" easy in terms of adjustment. And they do tend to bottom out more...or at least my 06 was more like that regardless of adjustment, but hear-say, they may have fixed that issue.

Id go the lyric as its lighter and has good adjustment and does not bottom out easily, although in saying that, if fyour riding is more aggressive you may wish to think about the Totum...although I do not know if the AC hight is applicable, the Totum is one hell of a meaty fork.

Currently I have a pike dual air which is great and the travel down is great and easy to use. Perhaps not THE best fork on the market but definitely one of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    I have a 2007 reign0 with a fox float RLC, I like the fork a lot. If I was to upgrade I would get a 36 TALAS. There have been a few times where the extra stability of a 20mm axle would have been nice. I recomend the TALAS because you can lower it on the fly

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Once again I went with an opportunity... I was offered a Z1 RC2 ETA Light at such great price that I went for it.

There was also many opinions for the Z1. I hope Ill be happy with it. I got 10mm more travel and 21mm more a-to-c -height at the same weight so my goals were accomplished.

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antti k.
    Once again I went with an opportunity... I was offered a Z1 RC2 ETA Light at such great price that I went for it.

There was also many opinions for the Z1. I hope Ill be happy with it. I got 10mm more travel and 21mm more a-to-c -height at the same weight so my goals were accomplished.

Thanks guys!
    congrats, this service manual is good to keep around when ever you want to service the fork

http://pookgai.com/images/2006_marzo...-light-eta.pdf

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I just purchased and the mechanic put a Domain on mine. on Friday I'm getting to ride on some real trails at Tamarack resort in Idaho. I'll post up after. I did some riding last night down a fast section of trail and it felt really good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Cannot submit a photo properly. Here she is w/ Z1 Light:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1457369/

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by antti k.
    Cannot submit a photo properly. Here she is w/ Z1 Light:

Looking good!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I just purchased and the mechanic put a Domain on mine. on Friday I'm getting to ride on some real trails at Tamarack resort in Idaho. I'll post up after. I did some riding last night down a fast section of trail and it felt really good.
    how did the Domain go?

hows the weight of it?

G

A Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98

how did the Domain go?

hows the weight of it?

G
    I'd like to know to, stronger pike with slacker head angle. Just sounds sweet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitto
    how did the Domain go?

hows the weight of it?

G
    I think the specs say 6.5lb, but not sure if that's the U-turn or 180mm coil version.

Members who have read this thread: 0