Finally got the shits with the Juicy 5's- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Finally got the shits with the Juicy 5's

Finally had enough of trying to outrun the screaming banshee that seems to chase me every time I apply the rear brake. To make matters worse it gives my mates that ride the more "exotic" bikes a chance to bag the Reign, even though the noise and turkey worble has nothing to do with the frame itself.

After reading various reviews I have decided to fork out the cash for some Formula Oro K24's. My only problem is to make sure I order the right parts.

The frame is a 2006 Reign with a 2006 Pike 454 Air U-turn at this stage I am a little confused about which is right for my bike IS/Post Mount or some other alternative.

Maybe someone can explain the difference and how to identify the various mounting systems

mtbr member
    International Standard (IS) has the brake mount holes facing sideways and they are not threaded. Post mount has the holes facing the back of the bike and the holes ARE threaded. In other words, you bolt the brake caliper into the fork. I hope this helps.
    -Chris
    Ride More

spinner
    Have you considered changing the rotors , they are the source of the noise. Its the polygon shape thats the problem. Theres nothing wrong with Juicys , they are a fantastic performing brake , reliable , light and almost maintenance free.(mine are anyway )

Spend a lot less on some regular round rotors , say good bye to the horrible noises (that you described so well) and enjoy the Juicy goodness

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Sanity may prevail

Thanks for the help guys.

I had the lbs replace the rear pad (the worst offender) with some alumnium backed pads, currently had the copper backed ones. This may make a difference will have to wait till this weekend to determine if the problems have been solved.

Pinky, if that doesn't work I'll try the standard rotors.

S

Members who have read this thread: 0