Experience with Giant customer service?- Mtbr.com
    Fragile - must be Italian

Experience with Giant customer service?

Is Giant a good company for customer service? I currently do not have any problems with my NRS, but if I do will I have a good chance of being treated well? What has your experience been? In general I heard that Giant treats their customers well, but I was never given specifics.

If you have any experiences with Giant's customer service, please share them. The reason I am posting this query is in part due to the flaming discussions on another board regarding Ellsworth's crappy customer service (Ells was dropped by one of my LBS's for that reason). Unfortunately you only discover how good a company's customer service is when you need it.

Thx...Doug

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    Is Giant a good company for customer service? I currently do not have any problems with my NRS, but if I do will I have a good chance of being treated well? What has your experience been? In general I heard that Giant treats their customers well, but I was never given specifics.

If you have any experiences with Giant's customer service, please share them. The reason I am posting this query is in part due to the flaming discussions on another board regarding Ellsworth's crappy customer service (Ells was dropped by one of my LBS's for that reason). Unfortunately you only discover how good a company's customer service is when you need it.

Thx...Doug
    IMHO Giant has great customer service. Everytime something went wrong with my NRS I called Giant up and they tried to be as helpful as possible. One example I can think of was when the bushings on the rear pviot was developing some play. I gave giant a call because I had only had this bike for 2 months and wondering what was up. They told me that it was strange and that they would replace it (the whole swing arm). Well I went to my LBS to get it replaced and giant sent in the replacement swing arm within a week or so. I just had to pay for the labor and thats all. So Giant was very quick on their warranty and I havent had any problems with them.
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr member
    1 - Cracked a 2001 NRS-1 frame at the top of the weld for the shock brace. Giant sent a 2002 NRS-1 frame

2 - After nearly two years of dealing with ghost shifting on the NRS frame (I'm beefy and I like to ride very technical terrain). Giant warrantied the NRS frame with a VT-1 frame.

3 - I broke a 2002 AC Air Lite frame...Giant warrantied it with a 2003 AC-1 frame.

I'd say three out of three MAJOR warranty issues satisfied with absolutely no complaints from me at all is a bang up record.
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

Cleavage Of The Tetons

They are the absolute BEST in the Industry, IMO.

They respond immediately to warranty claims, they even ship BEFORE recieving the broken item, in some cases, by air shipping! (I have been a dealer for 5 years). Definitely the opposite CS as compared too...well....you know who.

Trail Sanitizer
    I broke a 2000 NRS frame on the rear triangle. I thought I would get a new triangle only because it was marketed as being replaceable. However, they stopped making the replacement triangle and sent me a 2003 NRS as a replacement. I worked only through my LBS and they took care of all the phone calls and such. I was back riding within 2 weeks of the day it broke.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    I have a friend who cracked his 02 Ranier frame where the top tube and down tube meet the head tube. Giant promptly sent him a new 03 frame with the new formed in gussets.

You really only tend to hear people pipe up when they're treated poorly. I've had really good service from Manitou, Bell, and Cane Creek (well, hoping - they've got my shock now and have been very nice so far). I'd almost say that the less you hear about a major brand's service the better they are!
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi

Thx...Doug

Giant U.S. was great for my "ghost-shifting" warranty claim. Shame the same thing can't be said about my LBS or Giant Canada. I live in Canada and got no satisfaction from the Canadian guys. I ended up calling Giant U.S. and they set me straight. They explained that the Giant bikes are so well specd. that the dealers make very little markup on these bikes compared to others. For that reason, they do not want to over-serve you because they could lose money on the deal and it affect their repair status with the manufacturer.

I found some LBS were acting as gatekeepers for Giant and would not look at my bike. Eventually Giant Canada (under pressure from Giant U.S.) agreed to replace my frame and they hooked me up with a different dealer, much more friendly this time. It is funny how dealers change their tune when the repair is on someone else's dime.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER, CHOOSE YOUR DEALER AS WELL AS YOUR BIKE.

Daniel