Drive train problems on NRS.- Mtbr.com

Jul 2005

Drive train problems on NRS.

I am just wanting to know if any NRS owners have had any trouble with the drive train. I have broken one chain three times and another chain once. Now the chain derails sometime if I put alot toruqe on the drive train. (This has happened on flat ground and hills.) I have had it in the shop and they say it must be the chain, but then the chain is fine so they say it must be the front limit screw. As it turns out it has not been the limit screw or the chain. Oh and I have had the bike for about 4 months. Just looking for some help or answers.

Thanks Crawler.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawler
    I am just wanting to know if any NRS owners have had any trouble with the drive train. I have broken one chain three times and another chain once. Now the chain derails sometime if I put alot toruqe on the drive train. (This has happened on flat ground and hills.) I have had it in the shop and they say it must be the chain, but then the chain is fine so they say it must be the front limit screw. As it turns out it has not been the limit screw or the chain. Oh and I have had the bike for about 4 months. Just looking for some help or answers.

Thanks Crawler.
    Look before you post! See my thread on this very topic. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=126249

Jul 2005
    Sorry, I did look but I must have over looked it. Thanks for the info.

Members who have read this thread: 0