Does anyone still like the Trance?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Does anyone still like the Trance?

With so much interest in the Trance X, am I the only one still interested in the 4.2" Trance? Should I too be looking at the Trance X for riding the twisty single track of SE Michigan?

Afric Pepperbird
    No, you're not alone.

I, too, have a 2008 Trance 4.2 on my wishlist. I live in the great mountain biking town of Bend, Oregon. Miles and miles of great singletrack, but there is nothing that requires more than the 4.2 inches of travel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well, the price of Trance is much cheaper then Trance X, and considering the components they give, it seems you will need to upgrade the Trance when you buy it unlike the Trance X which come with pretty decent components, I wonder why no Talas or Float for Trance X, instead they give a F120, weird......

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Well, the price of Trance is much cheaper then Trance X, and considering the components they give, it seems you will need to upgrade the Trance when you buy it unlike the Trance X which come with pretty decent components, I wonder why no Talas or Float for Trance X, instead they give a F120, weird......
    Do you care to explain? According to the official specs, the Trance 1 is spec'd very decently for $2,400

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yeah, it is specced decently for the price, but the components are mostly RF Evolve, while the X are specced with a higher performance lvl gears

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I think my first choice would be the 4.2 Trance 0... which they seem to have forgotten to make. I just want to do the odd enduro race and trail riding, too old for crazy jumping behaviour so surely 4.2" is enough. What are the Hayes Stroker brakes like?

I AM I AM
    5" in the front & 4.2" in the rear is plenty for me otherwise may as well get a reign or something.

I love my trance!

Members who have read this thread: 1