bushing upgrade kit for rs sid- Mtbr.com
    Powered by Pulvoron

bushing upgrade kit for rs sid

i saw this on the bay. has anyone ordered them ?

"All 2003 Giant NRS bikes came with an upper shock bushing on the Rock Shox SID shock that was machined too small. The result is play in the upper bushing after as little as one ride. The kit here that is for sale will fix this problem. It will take the play out of the upper eyelet area and make sure that it does not come back. Bid now because I only have a limited quantity"

thanks

https://cgi3.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...tem=3662304809.

Jan 2004
    I don't know if that's an issue with the NRS or not because I don't have one, but to me that looks like a standard set of bushings with a couple of rubber washers added. It would seem to me that you could accomplish the same thing by spending 50 cents at the hardware store. I could be completely off base though, that's just what it looks like to me.

Does your NRS have the described play?

Powered by Pulvoron
    nope, just surfin the bay and stumbled on it. as of now my nrs is still snug, but i have heard of linkage problem in the older forum. i emailed the seller for more info and i will post it. btw thanks for the speedgaot fork.

fran
    dirt diggler

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    I don't think I had the issue. I just took mine off and put on a Cloud 9 - the bushings on the SID looked snug but I didn't look that closely. I'd say that if you don't appear to have the problem then don't bother. If so then I'd agree with slowride. Let's face it, the eBay guy isn't sitting there with a lathe churning them out to spec.

Has RS said anything specific about it or sell them?
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

Jan 2004
    No problem! Also, it occurs to me that if there is a bushing problem, your LBS would probably swap out the bushings for the correct (2004+?) ones. Unless, like me, you are your own LBS...

[paste title here]
    Yeah I had a bushing problem with my NRS. I have the 03 NRS 2 model.

Anyways, after my first ride I had noticed that the bushings had developed some play. I took it into my LBS to get it fixed. When I picked it up I noticed that the play was still there. Well long story short, it took about 6 months before my LBS fixed the problem. I think Rock Shox didnt have the right sized bushing and some other issues I forgot. So right now play hasnt developed in the bushings. I do plan, however, to upgrade to a CC AD-12 because I wanted a more plush shock and a lot of people have written great reviews about it.
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The bushings that came on my 03NRS were two pieces with a machined to fit into the shock eye. The SID went and was returned to RS for a replacement. The new SID came with the bushing set up shown in the photo. The center spindle is steel (outer pieces alum.) and the whole thing weighed more than the original, so I made an alum. center spindle. Is it any better than the old setup? Can't tell any difference.

Dec 2003
    Don't waste your money. I hade the same problem on my 03 nrs2 and called Giant. It is a warranty issue and it will be fixed. Just take it to your LBS and they should take care of you.

Jason

mtbr remember
    When you guys talk about "play" in the sid bushings do you mean up and down or torsionally/side2side? I have an 03NRS and when I pull up and down on the seat standing next to the bike it feels like it moves approx. 1mm freely up and down. I will have to make a trip to my LBS as soon as some snow disappears (we have had over 200in of snow in the Upper Peninsula of MI this winter!)- esp. if this is covered by Giant warranty. I hate how technology and high maintainance go hand in hand.

Members who have read this thread: 0